Expensive Flying Club?

Started by DG, December 16, 2010, 12:24:58 PM

HGjunkie

Quote from: DakRadz on December 16, 2010, 09:51:28 PM
a2capt: Sir, I get that message for several things that really are there. If you link directly to the album/picture, it will say "Not Available etc." but if you click on the Tab, it says Content Hidden.

Let's try it with one of mine:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1284643965880&set=a.1554563633703.71453.1523550699

Iunno what it will say because.. Well, I'm logged on and it's my page. But you can try.
(EDIT: I logged in under my Leroy Jethro Gibbs account [seriously... ;D I have it] and it said "content not available" because I'm not on my regular page's friends.)

HGjunkie: I tried that, but it was so confusing when my friends tried talking about the features since everything was renamed ;D

Here's what I got when I tried that:
QuoteArgh! That thar booty ain't nowhere to be found.
No way the flag ye sent fer can be spied upon now. Yer lookin glass may be foggy or yer shipmates may be planning yer mutiny! Better watch yer back.

And yes, the pirate english takes a little getting used to.  ;D
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

a2capt

I had actually gotten nothing, zilch, zero, when I checked whilst posting.  I figured a larger issue plaguing FB was afoot. It was 'confirmed' in IRC when at roughly the same time someone else asked, "Is there something wrong with Facebook?"

Otherwise, yes, thats what now see, again. Perhaps they have made that more of the privacy changes now, this way it neither confirms nor denies existence of content.

ol'fido

Just a bit of history to throw into this mix...In CAPM 50-1, Introduction to CIVIL AIR PATROL(Revised 1976), on page 11, one of the objectives of Public Law 476(36USC 201-208) was....(5)encourage the establishment of FLYING CLUBS[emphasis mine]for its membership;.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Eclipse on December 16, 2010, 03:30:34 PM
Newsflash, there are people who don't like CAP.  Some for legitimate reasons, some because of uninformed opinions. 

A random mixed-message article from 5 years ago isn't exactly something to crank up the spin engine for.
Here's a more up to date opinion of CAP:
http://forums.jetcareers.com/military-pilots/112862-civil-air-patrol.html
RM

Persona non grata

Rock, Flag & Eagle.........