Civic Leadership Academy

Started by Eagle11, July 15, 2019, 01:44:00 AM

Eagle11

I was wondering if anyone knows when senior member staff applications open up for the Civic Leadership Academy? I am interested in possibly serving as a senior member on staff.

dwb

CLA is staffed by about five senior members, including the director. Your best bet would be to indicate your interest to the activity director, since they don't make a broad public call for staff.

CLA has traditionally been pretty selective, in part because it's such a small activity by number of participants, in part because of the importance of trust and professionalism in the places CLA visits. Also, the seniors do provide some instruction and mentoring to the students, so a background in civil government or public service is a big plus.

They foolishly let their guard down once in 2016, and invited me to serve on the staff. It was one of the best experiences of my CAP career.

Brit_in_CAP

"Foolishly let their guard down"?  I think not...a good choice, from all I heard.. :)

Eagle11

Thank You! How do I contact the activity director? I have a BS in Social Studies, a BA in Political Science, a masters degree and a Social Studies Teaching Licences. I have also taught AP Government and U.S. History. So I would be able to help with the instructing and mentoring of cadets. I would also add that I ran into a group of CLA cadets, when I was Washington for National Legislative Day 2016. They had a great time at CLA in 2016, so you must have done something right!