Civil Air Patrol ES [AFAIDL 02130D] Course

Started by thefischNX01, October 24, 2007, 06:47:14 PM

Fifinella

Ordered this course for my ESO several months ago online, through the Air University website.  Also ordered the test that way.  Process still working as always.  Course is available, test is available.  Material is outdated.
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

mamadinos

I took the test yesterday.  I had to memorize the names of obsolete regulations (e.g. the CAPR 50-15 and CAPR 55-1).  There was no mention of the Incident Command system.  There is a chapter on Civil Defense operations which appears to need a serious updating or deletion.  The whole time I studied the text, I did not look in the 60-3 so I could keep my un-facts straight for the test.  However, if you replace the incorrect regulation references and change "mission coordinator" to "CAP incident commander", most of the review questions still contain accurate information. 

It seems to me that the CAPT 116 was revised to replace this course, but CAPNHQ never bothered to rescind the requirement for the 2130D on the ESO Specialty Track: 
Quotefrom page 1-3 (001 para. 1) of the 02130D text: "the term "emergency services qualified" means that the individual has successfully completed this course, local unit training, and has been issued a CAP Form 101, Advanced Specialty Qualification Card."
Michelle King, 1Lt, CAP
DCS, DO, SPO, ESO
Barksdale Comp. Sq.
SWR-LA 005

Eclipse

And that's what I was saying before in that the requirement for the test has been removed, but none of the regs updated.

I still haven't heard back form my Wing's ESO to confirm.

"That Others May Zoom"

Flying Pig

Test ordered and I recieved my confirmation that it was sent.

Thanks.

Eclipse

OK - the word I got was similar to what I was told.

The new test, which will be taken online, is still in development.

Because the original test and materials are no longer appropriate to our ES curriculum, the test requirement for ES Tech may be waived by your Wing's ESO if they are so inclined.

YMMV.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

Ok so what do I need to do to get this rating, I can't find the 2130D anywhere. I  an see where it is in the specialty track saying it is required. I just don't know if the track is out dated, or if I'm just blind in one eye and can't read out of the other. I also can't find it in the knowledge base. Could anyone help me find this course and exam?

Eclipse

What you're looking for is Pamphlet P213:  http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/u_082503084915.pdf

Completion of the rating is at the subjective acceptance of your unit CC.

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

It says that one of my objectives is to complete the ECI Course 02130D, the only thing is I can't find anything about it. Is it obsolete?

Eclipse

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on June 04, 2010, 06:28:57 PM
It says that one of my objectives is to complete the ECI Course 02130D, the only thing is I can't find anything about it. Is it obsolete?

ECI 13 has been replaced by the Officer Basic Course, details here:  http://tinyurl.com/2d3s4w6

"That Others May Zoom"

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: Eclipse on June 04, 2010, 06:42:39 PM

ECI 13 has been replaced by the Officer Basic Course, details here:  http://tinyurl.com/2d3s4w6

02130D was the CAP ES Course offered at {insert latest AF Correspondence School name here} It has been horribly out of date for years.
It is (or was, if it's missing) based on the old 50 series ES regulations. I've never encouraged anyone, even in ES track to take it because it contains disinformation.

Camas

Is this what you're looking for?

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_university/au_a46_students__usaf_dl.cfm

isuhawkeye

Just to clarify

He is not talking about ECI 13.

He is talking about the Emergency Services Course which has a course number of 0230D

RiverAux

Quote from: phirons on June 04, 2010, 06:49:20 PM
I've never encouraged anyone, even in ES track to take it because it contains disinformation.
But isn't it still required for advancement in that track?

Short Field

Quote from: RiverAux on June 04, 2010, 07:13:19 PM
Quote from: phirons on June 04, 2010, 06:49:20 PM
I've never encouraged anyone, even in ES track to take it because it contains disinformation.
But isn't it still required for advancement in that track?
Yes it is still required and yes, they do have to take it if they want to earn a tech rating in the ES track.

If phirons is does not want people in the ES track to take the course, how does he justify them advancing to a tech rating in the track without the course?
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

As we've discussed here before many wings are allowing this test to be waived per John Desmaris.

No I have no interest in debating the "legality" of this point as it is now over 3 years old.. 

YMMV and its up to you to confirm this.

"That Others May Zoom"

Short Field

Quote from: Eclipse on June 05, 2010, 12:22:26 AM
YMMV and its up to you to confirm this.
Not being waived in our wing.  Our squadron had someone complete it in the last four months.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

dbaran

I asked the question (Can we just skip the obsolete course) of National in March (via the Knowledge Base) and got the following answer:

We are working a replacement to be out in the next month or so. We would suggest either completing the current course or waiting on the new one to be released in April.

JOHN W. DESMARAIS, Sr.
Deputy Director of Operations
Civil Air Patrol National Headquarters
HQ CAP/DO
105 South Hansell Street
Maxwell AFB, AL 36112
Work: 888-211-1812, ext 303
Cell: 334-354-9415
Fax: 800-555-7902

MikeD

I was able to get the class, haven't asked for the test yet.  As other people have said, it's totally out of date, for some parts I almost feel that I'm worse off for having read the material...  But after working for Uncle Sam for 4 years I'm getting used to checking a box for no good reason then checking a box.   >:D

SARDOC

Just two weeks ago I received the course and ordered my Test for the Emergency Services Officer course.  I'm assuming that this is still required iaw CAPP 213, although i know members in my wing who are Senior rated ES officers but have never taken this course.  Is there a waiver or alternate to completing this class?  This text is old and outdated the edition they just sent me is dated FEB 97.