Main Menu

Promotion Track Report

Started by TheGooseLover, November 04, 2015, 05:00:56 PM

TheGooseLover

Out of curiosity, how long does it take for something to how up on your report? Exp. I did my Drill Test last night and passed, but it hasn't shown up on my Promotions Track Report yet, so how long does it take? Thanks!
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

NC Hokie

That is entirely dependent on how long it takes for the responsible senior member to enter that data into eServices.  Since this varies between units, asking through your chain of command is the only way to get a definitive answer to your question.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

TheGooseLover

C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

Майор Хаткевич

The only time I enter something "same day" is if I'm completely free at the end of the meeting (ha!) or the cadet needs to get clicked off for something. I'm entering stuff from yesterday right now actually.

TheGooseLover

Haha, sounds like you're a busy man Captain! 
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

MSG Mac

The data is instantaneous once entered. Sometimes you may have all the data in and just be waiting for a Promotion Board or the Commander's approval for a promotion. But as stated earlier. the responsible Senior Member may not be able to do it the same day of the meeting.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

TheGooseLover

Yeah, thats how I am now, once my drill is entered I just need a review board to Promote
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

TheSkyHornet

What is definitely important is that you ensure that your promotions, and testing items, are entered in with the appropriate date, even if one or two days later.

We were stressed at TLC to enter these on the same day, but if not possible, enter them with the correct backdating. Some Testing Officers and Commanders don't do this properly, and it causes people to delay in their next promotion, even if only by a few days.

Keep in mind, you have 56 days in grade before becoming eligible for your next promotion, granted you have completed all of the required areas.

TheGooseLover

Yup, my 56 days is up next Tuesday, Nov. 10th, but I have to wait until December to promote because they wouldn't let me do my review board last night
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

Airplane girl

If this is the drill test for your Wright Brothers Award, it's never going to show on your promotion track report, since the drill test is part of the leadership test. So the only thing that's going to be there is your leadership test.

TheGooseLover

0.o airplane girl, you're the solver of mysteries! Danke! Danke!
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Caponly101 on November 04, 2015, 09:10:51 PM
Yup, my 56 days is up next Tuesday, Nov. 10th, but I have to wait until December to promote because they wouldn't let me do my review board last night

Your review should not come before your eligibility to promote. I understand that you'd like to knock out all of your tests and forums, have a review board, and then wait out the rest of the month to receive your new insignia, but that's not how it works. A promotion really shouldn't be considered until the eligibility comes up.

What CAP doesn't want is for you to get promoted on January 1, then finish all of your requirements on January 10 and have a board on January 11, just to wait until March 1 for your official promotion. There was no way to review your progress over those two months.

Patience, young padawan.

As Airplane girl mentioned, the drill test is part of the leadership test. You're supposed to take the leadership test before the drill test. It isn't always done that way, though. The drill score will not be on eServices, only the leadership test score. Your drill test should be in your personnel file on paper unless your squadron scans it electronically for record-keeping. I'd personally prefer to put this on eServices for ease.

TheGooseLover

My leadership test did come first, so I guess we did it right :)
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: Caponly101 on November 06, 2015, 03:06:26 PM
My leadership test did come first, so I guess we did it right :)

I don't actually know if the next phase's drill requirements are even mentioned in the leadership test, so I don't really know why it's supposed to be in that order. I know on the paper tests it says if you pass the leadership test, you move on to take a drill test. It really isn't a big deal in my book if you reverse them.

But I'm big on standardization and doing it the same way every time.

TheGooseLover

Hey, we do drill and wear the same uniform for a reason, uniformity!p
C/Capt. Riley M. Hodge
SWR-OK-113