TIGERSTRIKE DF Unit

Started by Flying Pig, February 24, 2009, 08:52:55 PM

Flying Pig

I have photos of it that were sent to me after I purchased it.  But given the down right abusive responses to this simple topic, I will let the company post their own photos photos if they choose.  Sorry.

RiverAux

Quote from: resq55 on March 06, 2009, 07:10:31 PM
5.  The 406 beacon still is tracked on 121.5 however now at a much lower power, therefore the need for more sensitive receiver and accurate direction capability. (Try your MAG compass at night in the rain oops don't forget variation correction) And make sure you know where your at on that map.
I believe JoeT has posted several times evidence that the 121.5 transmissions from the new ELTs are actually not at a lower power. 

Flying Pig

This site is funny now.  Its great when people post with no knowledge of who they are responding to.   :clap:  I think Ill just sit back and watch for a while.

SE_Tigerstrike

Hello everyone.  I'm Jim Henson, the SouthEastern Rep for FireStorm Emergency Services.  I was told there was a lot of interest in the TigerStrike here, so I came to see.  I see people want to get a look at it, so here you go, a few pics of it for you.

That's Lt. Col. Ron Butts playing with the TigerStrike in the pics.  You can look him up and give him a call and ask him his impressions of it if you wish, he's said he'd be more than happy to talk about it.

Anything any of you want to know, feel free to ask, I'll do my best to answer.  You can even give me a call, number is on the website, I'm extension 709.

BTW, Lt. Col. Butts will have a TigerStrike at Sq. 121, Bakersfield Airport in Bakersfield, CA Saturday morning sometime, drop by if you want to see it in person.
Jim Henson
SouthEastern Rep for FSEMS
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
http://firestormts.blogspot.com/   <--  TigerStrike Blog
1-888-212-6260  x709

Major Lord

Awesome! Looks good!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Eclipse

Mr. Hensen,

Perhaps you can address the cost?

I'm sorry but $2000 is simply beyond the reach of most CAP units who would need to self-fund the device. 

"Better" or not, I could personally not endorse such an expense when similar, proven, devices can be purchased for about 1/3 that price.

"That Others May Zoom"

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Eclipse on March 07, 2009, 04:59:20 AM
"Better" or not, I could personally not endorse such an expense when similar, proven, devices can be purchased for about 1/3 that price.

Or 1/10th, for that matter.  I would need some major-league convincing.

SE_Tigerstrike

Surely Eclipse.

Firstly, it's an intergrated system.  Built in is the GPS and digital compass, extra equipment with other devices.  It also includes a cell link back to your mission base from the device itself, as well as integration with the Delorme Topo mapping software on your laptop.  Basically, you get an "I win" button on the device...when it locates the ELT, you hit the button, it calls mission base and informs them of your location and the ELTs location, then plots you the route from your location to the ELT on the mapping software.  It all comes down to time-to-rescue.  You can do it faster with this device.  Faster means more lives saved.  Faster means less cost to you per rescue.  Faster means better.  Period.

Secondly, if you are overly concerned with the cost, our company has contracted a professional grant writer, and are drawing up grant proposals to make the cost to you be...well...zero.  We're also trying to work with large corporations to help get funding for squadrons and other rescue organizations, because the more of these we can get in the hands of the rescuers, the more lives we can save, faster.  Is zero cost to you too costly?  I should hope not. 

Comparing our device to what's currently on the market is like comparing a PC XT (the other devices currently on the market) with a modern day computer running at 3ghz with 8gig of ram and several terabyte hard drives.  There's not really much grounds for comparison.  We simply do more, faster, and better.  We think this is simply the way things should be.  So far, everyone that's gotten to play with one seems to agree.

Finally, our device takes a lot of the "art" out of RDF, and makes it more of a push-button operation.  There are a lot of people out there that have been doing this for 30 years that can take a receiver and sweep around them getting a bearing and finding the ELT.  Rescue done.  Good for them.  But...it takes them awhile.  As good as they are, there's still lots of time on the ground triangulating and sniffing it out.  Our device can often get it in one hit, push-button simple.  No art, just a rescue.  In less time.  Faster is better when you are hunting for hurt people that need you NOW.  We can do that.

Hope that helps.

Oh, and JoeTomasone, see above about the cost.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

JoeTomasone

Quote from: SE_Tigerstrike on March 07, 2009, 05:53:20 AM

Noted.  Is there a unit in SER anywhere that can be evaluated?

SE_Tigerstrike

Quote from: JoeTomasone on March 07, 2009, 06:15:59 AM
Quote from: SE_Tigerstrike on March 07, 2009, 05:53:20 AM

Noted.  Is there a unit in SER anywhere that can be evaluated?

Not as of yet, we're working on rolling them out as quickly as we can, but thus far California is where all the attention is.  I'm just opening up the SER myself right now. 

Just checked, current projection is 3 weeks.  I'm working on lining up something for a Florida presentation now.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

SE_Tigerstrike

Few more shots, for those that might be interested.  One of a few being put together, and two of the unit on a testing day.

I'll be in and out of the office on Monday, but anyone wanting to give a call, go right ahead.  Remember, I am ext. 709, phone number is on the website.  Leave me a voicemail and I will call back if you don't get me.

In addition to the demo in Bakersfield, there were two more.  One in another California location, and one up in Canada.  I am hoping someone took a camera with them and shot a few pics.  If so, might have some more if anyone is interested...or still thinks these things are vaporware.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

Major Lord

Hey, how did the demo go in Bakersfield? We never heard an AAR!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

SE_Tigerstrike

I made an error, sorry...was just informed about it by the company.  The demo is tomorrow, not that past Saturday.  It's at the Evaluated SAREX at the Bakersfield Airport, hopefully some of you will be there and will get a look at it.  Anyone that does, please, by all means, come back in and let us all know what you thought of it.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

Al Sayre

MS wing has a practice SAR Eval in 2 weeks and a SAR Eval coing up in April, if you'd like to let us borrow one for evaluation, let me know.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

SE_Tigerstrike

Quote from: Al Sayre on March 15, 2009, 04:08:44 AM
MS wing has a practice SAR Eval in 2 weeks and a SAR Eval coing up in April, if you'd like to let us borrow one for evaluation, let me know.

I'm guessing that's Mississippi?  Give me some specifics (either here or in email) and I will try and see if someone from the company can fly out with one and demo it for you.  Might not be the one in March, but the April might be possible.
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Major Lord

Al,

It will interesting to hear the feedback of the independanr CAP people who saw the unit in Bakersfield this weekend. The compass, bluetooth mapping, cellphone uplink, etc. are very different from what CAP has dealt with so far.

Major Lord

SE_Tigerstrike

Alan, email received and replied to.  If you don't get it shortly, look in your junk mail folder.

Major Lord, looks like Evals aren't the best place to show off these things, from what I hear some people got to look at it and play with it, but it was almost a distraction from the Eval.  If anyone was at Bakersfield and got a look at it though, please feel free to comment, be nice if someone besides me was talking about it.   ;)
Jim Henson
MS/AL/TN/GA/FL/NC/SC
1-888-212-6260  x709

Flying Pig

Gee.....my unit was on stand by for 2 days and never even got tasked for the SAREX.  We thought we would EVENTUALLY come down to Bakersfield, but never got called.  Hey, CAWG SAREX staff......thanks for letting us sit around and clear our three day weekends for nothing.  I had members take vacation from work or reschedule business commitments just to be available.  Hey, I have an idea, next time, if your not going to use us, dont put us on stand by!
Thanks, they appreciated their long weekend. ::)

PHall

Quote from: Flying Pig on March 16, 2009, 01:05:54 AM
Gee.....my unit was on stand by for 2 days and never even got tasked for the SAREX.  We thought we would EVENTUALLY come down to Bakersfield, but never got called.  Hey, CAWG SAREX staff......thanks for letting us sit around and clear our three day weekends for nothing.  I had members take vacation from work or reschedule business commitments just to be available.  Hey, I have an idea, next time, if your not going to use us, dont put us on stand by!
Thanks, they appreciated their long weekend. ::)

This is why you shouldn't post while upset...

This should have been an e-mail to the CAWG/DO.