Airborne Photographer

Started by Ricochet13, April 14, 2008, 10:00:33 PM

BuckeyeDEJ

Quote from: Trung Si Ma on April 16, 2008, 06:20:42 PM
Quote from: Psicorp on April 16, 2008, 03:42:09 PM
Do we get "Recon" tabs with that?  ;D

But can only be worn on AF style uniforms when the moon is full and the sun is directly overhead and all four seats in the 172 are filled.
If I'm shooting, I'm shooting from the back seat, and I sure don't want a second person in the back, because I'm gonna use the whole back seat if I need to.

Nothing like a good polarizing filter, especially down here in Florida....

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

exarmyguard

Any online courses in the pipeline for this specialty?

BuckeyeDEJ

Really, a good place to start is to recruit a few news photographers. They're used to cranking out quality images on a tight deadline, and to transmitting images from remote locations. It's a quicker way to get shooters in the pipeline than develop a course and train a bunch of rooks.

Outside of that, CAP members with an active interest in photography are a good resource. Then, between those two sources and formal courses (think HQ AU A-4/6 courses) in aerial photography, CAP members who are totally wet behind the ears will have a better grounding.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.