you know your a SAR junkie when...

Started by SAR junkie, August 05, 2005, 11:01:57 PM

Matt

Quote from: JRChristenson on January 13, 2008, 04:16:14 AM
When you converted the internet .wav file to an mp3 so you can use it on your cell phone as a ring tone for fellow CAP members.  And within 24 hours you had given it to several of your CAP friends.   :)

*raises hand slowly* sad isn't it?
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

_

When you converted the internet .wav file to an mp3 so you can use it on your cell phone as a ring tone for fellow CAP members.  And within 24 hours you had given it to several of your CAP friends.   :)

My team was several hours into a UDF mission (1am in the morning type mission) with nothing other than a weak unmodulated signal coming from a guys garage that had an electric dog fence hooked up to it but no ELt or EPIRB.  Aircraft said it was there and we got something there but SARSAT got another hit further away so we off we went.  by this time we're getting tired and frustrated.  Then all of a sudden I hear the ELT clear as day, a beautiful strong signal.  Yes, we finally have something good to work with.  Nope!  It was the ring tone one of my cadets had on his phone.  I just about made him walk all the way back to base. 

Hill CAP

Quote from: SJFedor on January 03, 2008, 08:44:06 PM
You know you're a SAR junkie when....

The mission pilot has to drive out to the middle of nowhere to pick up the Ground team, who's ghetto corporate van hooptie broke down.

True story, during a training mission this past fall, we had a GT working in a mountainous area, en route to the "victims" and their van broke down. The victims only had one of the Ford Expeditions, and couldn't drive out all the GT people. So, they sent me, the MP that JUST landed from working with the GT, up there to go pick them up and wait for the tow truck.

LOL I have pictures of that and I believe to my knowledge that van has been perm banned from every going on a SAR Mission ever again by the Wing DOS.

Uh Ford Expidetion theres only one in the wing and thats assigned to the Wing King uh oh.
Justin T. Adkinson
Former C/1st Lt and SM Capt
Extended Hiatus Statues

SJFedor

Quote from: TNCAP 20 on January 19, 2008, 05:37:16 AM
Quote from: SJFedor on January 03, 2008, 08:44:06 PM
You know you're a SAR junkie when....

The mission pilot has to drive out to the middle of nowhere to pick up the Ground team, who's ghetto corporate van hooptie broke down.

True story, during a training mission this past fall, we had a GT working in a mountainous area, en route to the "victims" and their van broke down. The victims only had one of the Ford Expeditions, and couldn't drive out all the GT people. So, they sent me, the MP that JUST landed from working with the GT, up there to go pick them up and wait for the tow truck.

LOL I have pictures of that and I believe to my knowledge that van has been perm banned from every going on a SAR Mission ever again by the Wing DOS.

Uh Ford Expidetion theres only one in the wing and thats assigned to the Wing King uh oh.

Yeah, Col Melton let them borrow his vehicle. He's a nice wing king.

I have the pictures, too. Especially since I'm the one that took them  ;D

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: K3BM on January 04, 2008, 10:59:38 AM
Your incoming mail sound is an ELT siren.

http://www.avionicswest.com/elt.wav

And then you hear from a distance.....

Please send it to me?!?

isuhawkeye

... On the coldest day of the year -20 you jump into a frozen pond.

CadetProgramGuy

isuhawkeye

Learning how to pull a victim from a frozen lake. 

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: CadetProgramGuy on January 20, 2008, 09:21:57 AM

And then you hear from a distance.....

Please send it to me?!?

DOOD!!!! You Flippin Rock!!  Got it in the ol email bag......In about 15 minutes Jimmy's gonna have a new cell phone ring!!!

Michael

...your girlfriend broke up with you because you broke too many dates for missions.

...you get to a mission base before the guy calling you hangs up the phone.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: MikeTA on January 22, 2008, 05:01:29 AM
...your girlfriend broke up with you because you broke too many dates for missions.

I like to use that as the excuse as to why I don't have a gf in the first place.  In reality, Dan just aint much of a ladies man...   :'(

pixelwonk

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on January 22, 2008, 05:22:22 AM
In reality, Dan just aint much of a ladies man...   :'(
Maybe if you'd stop posing in service dress dancing to "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

Just sayin. ;)

brasda91

Yep, already done that.  When the elt goes off I know it's one of my squadron members.  I may just have to change it to only when one of the IC calls me.   ;D
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

brasda91

Quote from: tedda on January 22, 2008, 06:38:24 AM

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

That's my ringtone for my co-workers.  Long story.   :)
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

♠SARKID♠

Maybe if you'd stop posing in service dress dancing to "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard"

Just sayin. ;)

And they're like, its better than yours...

(I debate whether or not to post that pic...do I even have a reputation to uphold?)

BigMojo

...you're only a SM and have more missions and finds than 3/4 of the members in the area.
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

Michael

...when you're humping 75 lbs of gear up a hill in 10 degrees and snowing, and you feel like an under-achiever.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on January 22, 2008, 08:39:04 AM

Just sayin. ;)

(I debate whether or not to post that pic...do I even have a reputation to uphold?)

What the...  ???    You have serious problems...
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 26, 2008, 06:13:48 AM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on January 22, 2008, 08:39:04 AM

Just sayin. ;)

What the...  ???    You have serious problems...

Yup, I'm a crazy mutha foxtrot.  I think I'll make the pic available by PM.

JayT

Quote from: MikeTA on January 22, 2008, 05:01:29 AM

Dude, that's.........really............really.................really.................really...............terrible.  Not even  like ha ha terrible. Like.........life changingly terrible.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."