Winter 2013-14 Pretty Much Done with it, Thank you!

Started by Eclipse, January 27, 2014, 10:06:45 PM

Eclipse

-20 actual low tonight, -5 was the high, blowing snow means cleaning the sidewalks is a futile exercise.

At least one major SAREx in my wing cancelled, planes stuck to the ground, O-Rides not happening,
some unit meetings cancelled since the holidays.

Not to mention the kids home again tomorrow, for 4th weather day this season.

That's enough thank you!

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

Ed Bos

It's in the 40's in Anchorage. Madness I tell you!
;)
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

Ned

Tell me about it. 

Because of our unusual weather, I actually had to turn the lawn sprinklers back on over the weekend.

Crazy year, all right.

Garibaldi

We just had our winter FTX this last weekend, and it was about 15 to 20 during the day. Night was about 7 to 10. Sunday when we left temps soared into the low to mid 40s. Felt like summer almost. And wouldn't you know it, we were completely done by 1030. No time to enjoy the nice weather with no wind.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

C/Awesomenesss

It's 5° outside right now in omaha, nebraska. The low is 1° and the high tomorrow is 20°. Yayy 20°.

Panache

It is exactly 0 degrees Fahrenheit according to the thermometer outside of my door, and with a wind chill of -15.

Yeah, okay, this is getting old.

The cars are completely filthy because you can't use the car wash without driving out a block of ice.  We've had to cancel cadet activities because of the extreme cold. 

In a lighter note, my mother just recently moved down to Alabama from Pennsylvania.  She is greatly amused over the blind panic from her neighbors over the concept that they may get up to 3 inches(!!!) of snow.  One of her friends called with a dire warning that she needs to go out and stock up on basic supplies and gas "before the snow comes".

a2capt

It was 78F today .. with a wind chill of .. 78F. A pleasant 58F outside right now.

bosshawk

Tony: you live in the CA tropics.  Up here in the Central CA foothills, it was about 68 today and is around 40 tonight.  Of course, we haven't had any precip for about 50 days and everyone is waiting for the wildfires.

I was born in SD and you don't have enough gold at Ft Knox to get me back there.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

a2capt

LOL.. Tropics .. with cactus, tumbleweeds, palm trees and the sounds of surf, once traffic on I-5 quiets down. ;)

Walkman

Quote from: Ed Bos on January 27, 2014, 11:00:17 PM
It's in the 40's in Anchorage. Madness I tell you!
;)

It must be a sign of the Apocalypse when its colder in Mincihgan than Anchorage.

Except for a few years I moved away, I've lived in Michigan for the past 28 years, and I don't remember the winter ever having this much snow and being this cold. I'm in the SW corner, so I'm sure its even worse as you go north. My normal 30 minute commute home last night took 1:20.

a2capt

Майор Хаткевич

Having bought a motorcycle last week...I want this weather over as soon as possible.

a2capt

pascocap2002

It should snow in Florida within the next few days. This is going to be interesting.

unmlobo

Try forecasting for this crap!  Just forecasted FZRA, Ice Pellets, and SNOW for S Georgia!  As a forecaster this weather is nuts even to us!
Major, CAP
HI WG

arajca

YOU may be done with winter, but WINTER is nowhere near done with you!  >:D

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

EMT-83

Quote from: Panache on January 28, 2014, 05:06:46 AM
In a lighter note, my mother just recently moved down to Alabama from Pennsylvania.  She is greatly amused over the blind panic from her neighbors over the concept that they may get up to 3 inches(!!!) of snow.  One of her friends called with a dire warning that she needs to go out and stock up on basic supplies and gas "before the snow comes".

The stores around here sell out of bread, milk and eggs. Apparently, folks need French Toast to survive a storm.

a2capt