Firearms & GT (Split from NYPD Aux. thread)

Started by JohnKachenmeister, March 20, 2007, 10:54:50 PM

MIKE

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on June 03, 2007, 03:33:10 AM
I can understand Alaska having open carry but VERMONT?

Live free or DIE.  ;D  No wait... That's New Hampshire.  :o
Mike Johnston

SARMedTech

Isnt anyone but me worried that if we give the cadets guns they might mutiny? I think the SMs would have to go full auto.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Major Lord

Quote from: JC004 on June 01, 2007, 02:04:19 PM
Quote from: SARMedTech on June 01, 2007, 03:55:41 AM
... That being said, where do I go to be issued my gun. And youre probably right, if you needed to use your concealed weapon (assuming you can get a concealed carry permit) CAP regs would be the least of your worries...getting the needle for shooting that redneck would probably rate higher. >:D

There's a line over there --> 

No pushing.  Pick up your donut, coffee, firearm, and ammunition.  As for permits...wait, we were going to follow the law?  Hmmm...   :o  PA has a good start, though...we have the 3rd highest percentage of citizens with concealed carry permits.  As for Alaska and Vermont, your Pocket Constitution is your permit.  I guess we could start by issuing donut holsters...  :)

Vermont is probably the most Libertarian leaning of all the states. They are just extreme enough in all liberties to piss of both the left and the right in equal measure. They probably need the CCW permits to protect the maple syrup...I have a California CCW, but they don't exactly hand those out for the asking. My carry gun is a Stayer Voight Infinity in .40.

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JC004

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 03, 2007, 04:28:20 AM
Isnt anyone but me worried that if we give the cadets guns they might mutiny? I think the SMs would have to go full auto.

I think it might be entertaining, actually. 

BillB

NEWS RELEASE Special to The Volunteer

Maxwell AFB AL  June 3
Armed cadets from Maxwell Composite Squadron took over the National Headquarters Bulkding of Civil Air Patrol. According to one Cadet, C/MSgt John Doe, we have started the revolution. According to one eyewitness, the Cadets released all Air Force personnel and many civilians. It appeared that the cadets were releasing civilians not in uniform including those in the TPU uniform that cadets didn't consider a uniform.
The Cadets are demanding more activities, more military brought back to the program and low fat doughnuts. One report was the demands also included a re-write of CAPR 52-16 and the raising of the minimum age to join the organization. There has been no response from CAP which was explained by the CAP Communications net not meeting the Air Force required narrow band standards.
The cadets were issued the guns by AFJROTC for color guard use and the cadets modified them.

Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

JC004

Quote from: BillB on June 03, 2007, 10:06:14 PM
NEWS RELEASE Special to The Volunteer

Maxwell AFB AL  June 3
Armed cadets from Maxwell Composite Squadron took over the National Headquarters Bulkding of Civil Air Patrol. According to one Cadet, C/MSgt John Doe, we have started the revolution. According to one eyewitness, the Cadets released all Air Force personnel and many civilians. It appeared that the cadets were releasing civilians not in uniform including those in the TPU uniform that cadets didn't consider a uniform.
The Cadets are demanding more activities, more military brought back to the program and low fat doughnuts. One report was the demands also included a re-write of CAPR 52-16 and the raising of the minimum age to join the organization. There has been no response from CAP which was explained by the CAP Communications net not meeting the Air Force required narrow band standards.
The cadets were issued the guns by AFJROTC for color guard use and the cadets modified them.

That's what we get.  How could we compete?  They are healthier and more agile than most of us.

SARMedTech

This is why the standard issue weapon to SMs should be the BAR .50 with white phosphorus rounds. Thus endeth the revolution.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

JC004

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 03, 2007, 10:37:41 PM
This is why the standard issue weapon to SMs should be the BAR .50 with white phosphorus rounds. Thus endeth the revolution.

But I have pretty bad back troubles and I find the BAR a little rough on my back...

flyerthom

Quote from: JC004 on June 03, 2007, 11:07:34 PM

But I have pretty bad back troubles and I find the BAR a little rough on my back...

Who needs firearms? we seniors will just whine them into submission!
TC

JC004

Quote from: flyerthom on June 03, 2007, 11:34:52 PM
Quote from: JC004 on June 03, 2007, 11:07:34 PM

Who needs firearms? we seniors will just whine them into submission!

or take away all of their caffeinated beverages?

BillB

NEWS RELEASE

Maxwell AFB AL  The Cadet revolution has ended. Many cadets that staged the sit-in at the CAP National Headquarters had cell phones and got messages from home. According to C/A Smith, "Mommy called and told me it was past my curfew and I had homework to do". However three mid-Eastern Terrorist groups claimed responsibility for the revolution. "We suppot the downtrodden youth of America seeking equal rights in the Fascist military Civil Air Patrol."
Two CAP Colonels supervised the cadet work detail cleaning the Moon Pie wrappers and RC Cola cans from the Building.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

SarDragon

Bill, I owe you an RC Cola and a Moon Pie the next time I'm in Florida. Or an adult beverage of your choice.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Sgt. Savage

Save your sissy guns. I'll stop the revolution by putting those cadets in absolute Aw!!

JC004

jimmydeanno

Quote from: MIKE on June 03, 2007, 03:42:17 AM

Live free or DIE.  ;D  No wait... That's New Hampshire.  :o

New Hampshire is open carry, if you want to carry concealed though you need a permit.  On the application it says "REASON (Self-Defense is acceptable)"  ;D
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

MIKE

Anyone who plays Counter Strike knows about the Deagle.  Me, I'd prefer the FN P-90 as a PDW.  ;D
Mike Johnston

SAR-EMT1

Desert Eagle or a S&W chambered for the 10mm Anti personnel rounds.

hehehe ALTHOUGH If we are allowed something other then sidearms I'd request an H&K MP10.
But seriously, here in NAZI GERMANY, DEMOCRATLAND Illinois
Ive had my FOID application in for 10 months and it still hasnt processed yet.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

RogueLeader

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on June 05, 2007, 05:45:03 AM

hehehe ALTHOUGH If we are allowed something other then sidearms I'd request an H&K MP10.
Does that surprise you? It doesn't me.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

Can you sue the state when they find you eligible, only after you were shot and severely wounded by someone who didn't bother applying for one?  ::soapbox:: ::fist::

JohnKachenmeister

Move to Florida.

Here the anti-gun nuts post signs at the borders to warn incoming criminals that Floridians have the right to shoot them.
Another former CAP officer