Firearms & GT (Split from NYPD Aux. thread)

Started by JohnKachenmeister, March 20, 2007, 10:54:50 PM

SARMedTech

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on June 05, 2007, 05:45:03 AM
Desert Eagle or a S&W chambered for the 10mm Anti personnel rounds.

hehehe ALTHOUGH If we are allowed something other then sidearms I'd request an H&K MP10.
But seriously, here in NAZI GERMANY, DEMOCRATLAND Illinois
Ive had my FOID application in for 10 months and it still hasnt processed yet.

I got my IL card in 9 weeks. If you havent gotten it back after almost a year, either likely something was wrong with it and they rejected it and just didnt bother notifying you of that fact or its been lost. I would call the ISP and ask them the situation.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Major Lord

A number of years ago I went to a gun show in Nevada. Their was a prominent manufacturer of suppressors ( Silencers for you people from Rio Linda) I fell in love with a very nice Ruger MKII with an integral suppressor. When I told the guy that I was from the People's Republic of Kalifornia, he graciously offered to sell me the suppressed pistol and would throw in a Condo in Florida for only $100,000!

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: CaptLord on June 05, 2007, 09:25:48 PM
A number of years ago I went to a gun show in Nevada. Their was a prominent manufacturer of suppressors ( Silencers for you people from Rio Linda) I fell in love with a very nice Ruger MKII with an integral suppressor. When I told the guy that I was from the People's Republic of Kalifornia, he graciously offered to sell me the suppressed pistol and would throw in a Condo in Florida for only $100,000!

Capt. Lord

Any "Condo" in Florida that you can get for $100,000 will have wheels underneath it.
Another former CAP officer

Major Lord

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 05, 2007, 10:42:25 PM
Quote from: CaptLord on June 05, 2007, 09:25:48 PM

Capt. Lord

Any "Condo" in Florida that you can get for $100,000 will have wheels underneath it.

It may have been more than "a number" of years....

Capt. Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Psicorp

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 05, 2007, 07:40:24 PM

hehehe ALTHOUGH If we are allowed something other then sidearms I'd request an H&K MP10.

Move to Florida.

Here the anti-gun nuts post signs at the borders to warn incoming criminals that Floridians have the right to shoot them.

That coming from the same state where a man was successfully sued for pain and suffering and loss of income after he shot a man who tried robbing his store (for the third time).    Of course if was overturned on appeal, but still.    Florida (and a number of other States) really needs to pass a "Castle Law".
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

Lancer

Quote from: Psicorp on June 06, 2007, 03:10:20 PM
Florida (and a number of other States) really needs to pass a "Castle Law".

Jamie, Michigan has done so, as passed last fall.

Quote from: SAR-EMT1

BTW, it was signed off by our Democrat governor.  ;)

stillamarine

Move to Florida.

Here the anti-gun nuts post signs at the borders to warn incoming criminals that Floridians have the right to shoot them.

That coming from the same state where a man was successfully sued for pain and suffering and loss of income after he shot a man who tried robbing his store (for the third time).    Of course if was overturned on appeal, but still.    Florida (and a number of other States) really needs to pass a "Castle Law".

Florida has the Castle Doctrine. One of the most controversial ones because it extends to your place of business, your home and your vehicle.

The Castle Doctrine in ANY State only protects you from criminal charges, not from civil. Shoot the perp and you may go free, but you sure as heck might get sued by his family.

And it's the same in MI, guy north of Grand Rapids few years back shot a guy in his back yard attempting to enter the house, got sued and lost.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

Lancer

Quote from: stillamarine on June 06, 2007, 05:45:07 PM
And it's the same in MI, guy north of Grand Rapids few years back shot a guy in his back yard attempting to enter the house, got sued and lost.

I remember that.

In my post above I linked directly to the legislation as I mentioned had passed and was signed into law last year. The specific Senate Bill that was linked as a part of that package covering Civil Liability is SB 1185, http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?2006-SB-1185.

Quote from: SB1185
THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT:
  Sec. 2922b. (1) An individual who uses force in compliance
with the self-defense act, and who is not engaged in the commission
of a crime at the time he or she used that force, is immune from
civil liability for the use of that force. This subsection does not
grant immunity for damages caused to an individual other than the
individual against whom the use of force is authorized under the
self-defense act.

This was a HUGE step forward for the State of Michigan and a lot of the ideals for our new legislation came from the examples Florida set forth.

SARMedTech

Move to Florida.

Florida has the Castle Doctrine. One of the most controversial ones because it extends to your place of business, your home and your vehicle.

The Castle Doctrine in ANY State only protects you from criminal charges, not from civil. Shoot the perp and you may go free, but you sure as heck might get sued by his family.

Hotels and Motels also fall under the Castle Doctrine since they are considered places of residence during your stay. (Found that out from my LEO father.)
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 09, 2007, 11:59:17 PM

Move to Florida.

Hotels and Motels also fall under the Castle Doctrine since they are considered places of residence during your stay. (Found that out from my LEO father.)

You and your dad are correct.  Florida is VERY sensitive about people ripping off tourists unless you own a theme park.
Another former CAP officer

Psicorp

Quote from: mlcurtis69 on June 06, 2007, 03:32:26 PM
Florida (and a number of other States) really needs to pass a "Castle Law".

Jamie, Michigan has done so, as passed last fall.

BTW, it was signed off by our Democrat governor.  ;)

'ell I be...stuff happens in this state that makes sense after all.   
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

SAR-EMT1

Sorry, I wasnt trying to sound too anti democrat or too pro republican.
I just dont like the one thats in office right now...Although he is better then the last one and has so far managed to avoid prison.
Thing is ... when you have a former Gov. for an uncle you kinda wish for a return of the old days.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student