Main Menu

What CAP offers?

Started by Hoorah, September 20, 2009, 08:55:04 PM

Hoorah

What does Cap offer that is new and is worthwhile.

Major Carrales

Quote from: capcadetwilliams on September 20, 2009, 08:55:04 PM
What does Cap offer that is new and is worthwhile.

That is a hard question to answer...

I will say, to the newcomer, that each unit provides different things and that every unit "makes" CAP what it is.  Thus, we have been doing some Camping in our unit to bolster our ES and Ground Team capability...some units might never even think to do that.

We can make CAP what we want it to be within regulations, that throws the field wide open...or closed depending on what we want to do.   
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

DC

You should should probably focus on continuing to progress in the cadet program.

Go to encampment, start promoting and taking on more responsibility within your squadron. Once you finish encampment you can go to NCSAs which should definitely fit the description of 'worthwhile'.

From what I know of you, you have been in CAP for quite a while, there is a lot of the cadet program that you haven't yet gotten to experience, but if you get motivated and start moving up, I think you will find some new things to keep you interested.

notaNCO forever

NCSA's are probably one of the most "worthwhile" things in CAP, especially COS.