Main Menu

The healing continues...

Started by alamrcn, March 14, 2008, 03:05:07 PM

alamrcn

Received this e-mail yesterday. It was sent in wide-distribution, so I don't see a problem re-posting here...

Subject: Region CC Change

Commanders and Staff,

Col Steve Kuddes has been reinstated as the NCR Commander.  The official announcement follows:

"After allegations were sustained regarding the removal of Col Steve Kuddes as NCR/CC, the CAP/CC has reinstated Col Kuddes and in so doing, has had to remove Col Sean Fagan.  This unfortunate situation was not created by either of these officers, and they are each to be commended for carrying out their duties and the work of CAP. Please extend your support and appreciation to them."

Col Fagan will continue his support of CAP on the NCR staff.

Please pass this information to your unit members and staff.

STEPHEN G. MILLER, Colonel, CAP
Commander
Minnesota Wing

We've talked ad Nausea about the uniform changes in a post-TP Civil Air Patrol. Are other regions and wings experiencing any other "mending" as it were?

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

LtCol Hooligan

I wonder if BG Glasgow will be coming back as well.  He was a huge asset to our organization.  I know he would not be a BG any longer, but I don't think he was in CAP for rank.  I hope he returns.
ERIK C. LUDLOW, Lt Col, CAP
Director of IT; Director of Cadet Programs
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.ndcap.us

ColonelJack

Quote from: LtCol Hooligan on March 14, 2008, 03:12:27 PM
I wonder if BG Glasgow will be coming back as well.  He was a huge asset to our organization.  I know he would not be a BG any longer, but I don't think he was in CAP for rank.  I hope he returns.

From everything I read about him, I think General Glasgow's return would be an immense benefit to CAP.

The best way to bring him back?  Have him re-elected by acclamation at the NB to a full term as National CV.  Either that, or allow his rejoining and give him his star permanently.  The man got screwed big-time.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

FW

It's great to see the healing continue and the righting of injustice.
It would be great to see Rex Glasgow return to CAP.  He was, IMHO, coerced into resigning.  However, I don't have enough credible information on what transpired to give an opinion on how he should return.

Eclipse

My opinion of Glascow is absolutely biased by personal experience.

BRING HIM BACK!

"That Others May Zoom"

John Bryan

Wow......I feel sorry for Col Fagan....it would appear he is the newest victim of a CAP political firing.

ColonelJack

Quote from: John Bryan on March 14, 2008, 07:04:06 PM
Wow......I feel sorry for Col Fagan....it would appear he is the newest victim of a CAP political firing.

Hmmm ... maybe not.  More like the victim of being put into place because of a political firiing (Col. Kuddes).  Col. Fagan did what appeared to be a good job as NCR/CC, but the way Col. Kuddes was treated, it apparently seemed that only reinstatement to his post was an appropriate remedy.

I think the message from MNWG/CC, "Col. Fagan will continue his support of CAP on the NCR staff," says a lot about Col. Fagan. 

It was a sad situation all around.

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

jayleswo

Interestingly, when performing an Ops Qual query I noticed SM Antonio Pineda NHQ-999 has reappeared  on the roster with an expiration date of January 2009... I had though that the BoG has terminated the former General's membership?
John Aylesworth, Lt Col CAP

SAR/DR MP, Mission Check Pilot Examiner, Master Observer
Earhart #1139 FEB 1982

FW

There is no current record of any "Antonio Pineda" in the membership roster of any CAP unit as of 14 March 2008.  

mikeylikey

SO if the guy was put into office because the guy before him was fired, does firing him to put the guy originally fired back in make everything right?  I say no, it only screws over the guy that had to step into a bad situation to replace the guy fired over politics.  I feel bad for the guy if this is truly the case.  AND if we are going to do this, then everyone that TP put into a slot should be removed and new people should be put in.  Fair is Fair.......

I have no idea who these people are or what the situation is, but how did we go from that email to everyone saying we want Glasgow back?   

What's up monkeys?

JAFO78

Hey us Minnesotans are a tough group of people. You have to when the temp and wind chill get down to -50.

Thank you to Col Fagan for your hard work in MN Wing and NCR.
JAFO

CASH172

And this makes me wonder how this video popped up at this peculiar moment. 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Iwi719t5FLM

lordmonar

Not to just stir things up....but....there WAS something there that Glascow did that brought the pressure down on him in the first place.

According to his letter....he got tricked into resigning...I don't know...if you are clean you fight.

As I said else where I am all for those who got resigned, 2b, renewal flagged, to be allowed the opportunity to come back and I think that Gen Glascow is prime candidate.

However, I still keep a healthy dose of skepticism about anyone who resigned amid allegations of wrong doing.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: lordmonar on March 14, 2008, 11:36:49 PM
Not to just stir things up....but....there WAS something there that Glascow did that brought the pressure down on him in the first place.

According to his letter....he got tricked into resigning...I don't know...if you are clean you fight.

As I said else where I am all for those who got resigned, 2b, renewal flagged, to be allowed the opportunity to come back and I think that Gen Glascow is prime candidate.

However, I still keep a healthy dose of skepticism about anyone who resigned amid allegations of wrong doing.

From what I got, Glasgow resigned on condition that the investigation against him continued and if he was cleared of wrongdoing be allowed to rejoin.

That investigation supposedly found no wrongdoing yet Little Fidel reneged on their agreement.

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 14, 2008, 09:03:33 PM
SO if the guy was put into office because the guy before him was fired, does firing him to put the guy originally fired back in make everything right?  I say no, it only screws over the guy that had to step into a bad situation to replace the guy fired over politics.  I feel bad for the guy if this is truly the case.  AND if we are going to do this, then everyone that TP put into a slot should be removed and new people should be put in.  Fair is Fair.......

Fagan's meteoric rise in NCR has been a thing of wonder.

It all seems to begin with their introduction at the NB in St. Louis, where Fagan's a cop at one of the local agencies.

It's also ponderous that when Kuddes was fired Fagan was immediately named the new Region Commander. No letting the Region Vice assume an interim role while a new Commander was found and passing up other Wing Commander with more time on the job and far better credentials, including one who is a West Point grad, retired Army aviator and college professor.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

lordmonar

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on March 15, 2008, 01:06:53 AM
From what I got, Glasgow resigned on condition that the investigation against him continued and if he was cleared of wrongdoing be allowed to rejoin.

That investigation supposedly found no wrongdoing yet Little Fidel reneged on their agreement.

What investigation?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

DNall

What I recall was a short side trip to see family while in an assigned corp vehicle on CAP business. And, some stuff about the way funds were handled at NBB, which was not the right way to do it & against policy, but operationally necessary due to bad planning & support, and nothing was amiss after the dust cleared.

On the whole, that's slap on the wrist stuff for any officer, at the GO level that's a blink & lets get back to work. If Brig Gen Glasgow wants to come back, I think that'd be fine. It'd probably be better for BoG to bring him on up there as an adviser. That's where retired GOs go in CAP anyway, and it keeps the command structure out of the fray.

I'm not worried about the above region CC change. It's not my region for starters. But, this is fair. I'd expect to see Col Fagan follow in the next term as Region CC, unless there's politics there too, or he's into something else by then.

John Bryan

Based on what she has done in NCR....if Brig Gen Glasgow was wrongly run off as National Vice Commander....maybe Brig Gen Courter should step down and let him have his office back. You might recall she was elected to replace him.

isuhawkeye

Rex Glasgow is not coming back as a member in the immediate future. 

Can we please move along

John Bryan

One more idea.....if he has truly been wrongfully fired and run off.....maybe let Brig Gen Glasgow  return before August and run for National Commander.

John Bryan

Quote from: isuhawkeye on March 15, 2008, 02:35:40 PM
Rex Glasgow is not coming back as a member in the immediate future. 

Can we please move along

I think you are right......it won't be before the August boards.....

alamrcn

Quote from: John Bryan on March 15, 2008, 02:28:03 PM
Based on what she has done in NCR....if Brig Gen Glasgow was wrongly run off as National Vice Commander....maybe Brig Gen Courter should step down and let him have his office back. You might recall she was elected to replace him.

Yes, I think that would be fair. However, since Gen Courter was nominated to replace Gen (yes, I use Gen) Glasgow and then subsequently inserted as the interim National Commander - that switch back couldn't happen until Gen Courter resumed her position back as Vice...

...And we all KNOW that she will be taking ANOTHER position this November!

We are certainly speaking hypothetical where Gen Glasgow is concerned, because none of us know what he would or could choose to do. But let's just imagine for a moment a Courter/Glasgow ticket... Two very smart, very friendly, and very genuine officers leading our program!

[/dream]

-Ace

Ace Browning, Maj, CAP
History Hoarder
71st Wing, Minnesota

Johnny Yuma

Y'all need to listen to isuhawkeye here. John knows him better than anyone I know on this board.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: