1,983.  Voice in the distance whispers "standardized wing email accounts"
William Schlosser, Major CAP
NER-PA-001

JC004

Quote from: Tubacap on August 17, 2007, 02:49:40 PM

heh...maybe. 

jimmydeanno

^did you ever consider any of these titles?

1) Emperor (Emperor Colgan)
2) Sovereign (Sovereign Colgan)
3) Khan (Colgan Khan sounds pretty cool)
4) Khagan (translates to king of khans) (Colgan Khagan)
5) Emir (Emir Colgan)
6) Sultan (Sultan Colgan)
7) Viceroy (Viceroy Colgan (with this one, you'd answer to someone - but since your secret plan is secret, we don't know the intent.)

But in all seriousness, thank you for taking the initiative creating this - it looks alike a fantastic tool to utilize by all CAP members.  Nicely done - you should put a wreath around a wreath on a pd badge.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 17, 2007, 03:00:43 PM
^did you ever consider any of these titles?

1) Emperor (Emperor Colgan)
2) Sovereign (Sovereign Colgan)
3) Khan (Colgan Khan sounds pretty cool)
4) Khagan (translates to king of khans) (Colgan Khagan)
5) Emir (Emir Colgan)
6) Sultan (Sultan Colgan)
7) Viceroy (Viceroy Colgan (with this one, you'd answer to someone - but since your secret plan is secret, we don't know the intent.)

But in all seriousness, thank you for taking the initiative creating this - it looks alike a fantastic tool to utilize by all CAP members.  Nicely done - you should put a wreath around a wreath on a pd badge.

Hmm...I will have to consider these.

I got some new possible instructors this morning for a scanner course, some introductory senior stuff, and some other fun stuff.  Hopefully we can get everyone trained and get all of the material in ASAP.  PM me if you want to pre-register.

The battle plan is:
1. Get some small courses out
2. Have them tested by the members
3. Get feedback
4. Move forward with that feedback on the more intense courses

pixelwonk

Quote from: JC004 on August 17, 2007, 02:54:37 PM

heh...maybe. 

Voice in the not-so-distance whispers "Google Apps for your domain..."

JC004

Quote from: tedda on August 17, 2007, 04:44:39 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 17, 2007, 02:54:37 PM

heh...maybe. 

Voice in the not-so-distance whispers "Google Apps for your domain..."

hmm perhaps...

e-Learning access (easier to remember) now available from:
http://www.pawingcap.com/e-learning
or
http://www.pawingcap.com/elearning

Hopefully we will eventually get a national domain (namely, elearning.cap.gov) when everything is finished getting set up...

jimmydeanno

^I think "/e-learning" is better because the word is hyphenated in its normal context.  It's easier to remember when used normally...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JC004

Quote from: jimmydeanno on August 17, 2007, 05:10:16 PM
^I think "/e-learning" is better because the word is hyphenated in its normal context.  It's easier to remember when used normally...

that's why I did both, and if we had a domain at cap.gov, I would probably like to have both as well.  That way, the less internet-savvy don't get lost.  I've learned to adapt to the older folks in my structure of the wing site.  I would have the primary site as http://e-learning.cap.gov/

Major Carrales

I have lots of hope and faith in JC004's efforts, let's help him out all we can.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

mikeylikey

Quote from: Major Carrales on August 17, 2007, 09:48:34 PM
I have lots of hope and faith in JC004's efforts, let's help him out all we can.

Hey now.....how do you know it's not a team effort?  Just because Colgan's name is out front and he is the creator and he is doing it all by himslef with no help from Wing, Region or National doesn't mean...........oh wait, it is all him.  Sorry!

Colgan......I would like to teach a class in being a slacker.  I forwarded my blank powerpoint slides, will you please create the course for me!
What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 17, 2007, 11:14:41 PM

Hey now.....how do you know it's not a team effort?  Just because Colgan's name is out front and he is the creator and he is doing it all by himslef with no help from Wing, Region or National doesn't mean...........oh wait, it is all him.  Sorry!

Colgan......I would like to teach a class in being a slacker.  I forwarded my blank powerpoint slides, will you please create the course for me!

I believe in "grassroots" movements in CAP.  Build the runway, then let National choose to land on it or disown it.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 17, 2007, 11:14:41 PM

We seem to be collecting a nice little team, which is nice. 

Awesome class at SLS last year on Slacking 101, btw.  I will upload that and your nice counter-Black Van artillery tutorial.    :o

mikeylikey

^  Thank you. 

Are you going to create certificates for those that complete a course?  It would be totally awesome if after a person successfully completes a course they are automatically emailed a "good work" PDF certificate.  It would also be cool if a person does not successfully completes a course they are emailed a "good try, maybe next time" PDF certificate.  I would be happy to design said certificates if you wish.  I already have the one for the person failing the course.
What's up monkeys?

JC004

^^^  I am going to see about having certificates automatically generated for successful completion, like NHQ has when you pass the CAPT 116, etc. 

Still setting up accounts, but so far I have them from CO, FL, IA, MO, NE, NJ, NY, OK, PA, TN, TX, WI. 

Pre-register yourselves and your pals, folks, so we can get you on the e-mail notification list.   :)

Major Carrales

Quote from: JC004 on August 18, 2007, 03:58:05 AM
^^^  I am going to see about having certificates automatically generated for successful completion, like NHQ has when you pass the CAPT 116, etc. 

Still setting up accounts, but so far I have them from CO, FL, IA, MO, NE, NJ, NY, OK, PA, TN, TX, WI. 

Pre-register yourselves and your pals, folks, so we can get you on the e-mail notification list.   :)

I can't wait.  I plan to let my folks in on it next meeting.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Changed from e-mail requests to a pre-registration page at the URL below.  Use this for pre-registrations now:

http://www.pawingcap.com/elearning-request.php

JC004

A couple of people contacted me to let me know they didn't receive their passwords.  All 130 pre-registration requests have been filled, so if you're missing your info, let me know.

I've got a number of people volunteering for helping with ES courses, but we could certainly use more (and in other areas too).  ES will probably be the biggest area.

JC004

We're rolling out some ES courses really soon.  I expect to have the UDFT Individual Equipment course ready in about 3 days.  We will then move onto the UDF familiarization course.  We are going to need some people who are experienced in UDF to review the material.  If there are any takers, send me a PM.

I think this little UDF Individual Equipment familiarization course will be a positive one.  It is very best practices-based, with a lot of good tips from experience.  I have taught this a lot, and have integrated a lot of the feedback from students and others into the material.  There will be pictures, some sources for various items, and various checklists. 

Oh, and for you airheads, we need some air DFing stuff for a separate course on that.

If you aren't pre-registered for the site, do so.  We are at about 150 members now.  Onward!   :)

Capt Rivera

//Signed//

Joshua Rivera, Capt, CAP
Squadron Commander
Grand Forks Composite Squadron
North Dakota Wing, Civil Air Patrol
http://www.grandforkscap.org

JC004

Quote from: riveraj on January 03, 2008, 05:55:37 AM
updates?

Have had some file issues on the site, which has created some login problems and admin problems.  This was happening both on the PAWG main site, and the e-Learning site.  I haven't been able to identify the problem yet.  The PAWG main site problem appears to be fixed, but the e-Learning section seems to still be malfunctioning in some areas.  I am working on getting this sorted out.  I reverted to an older version of the site, and I am doing comprehensive testing on it.

With the holidays and all, a lot of the course development volunteers have been pretty busy. 

We can certainly use more volunteers to develop and deploy the course materials.  We can use material for most of the courses listed in the outline.