What do the photo IDs look like these days?

Started by dwb, August 01, 2007, 05:06:50 PM

afgeo4

Quote from: mikeylikey on August 19, 2007, 11:13:36 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on August 19, 2007, 09:59:31 PM
Quote from: mikeylikey on August 19, 2007, 07:34:31 PM
I am still hoping CAP-USAF gets with the program and grants at the minimum contractor ID cards to CAP Senior Members. 

I don't believe this is a CAP-USAF thing, or even a USAF thing.  I think this is a local base policy based on whomever is in charge of security.

My first year billeted our local installation saw a number of us with contractor IDs.  A new civilian head of security nixed that, along with our stickers.  A year went by, new faces, we asked nicely and our stickers cames back with little issue.  The contractor ID has never been necessary since we got the sticker.

I'm pretty happy with the status of the ID's - they could be better, but serve the need for those of us >with< a need.

As to the photo, I went to great pains with my people to submit photos of the exact proporations and have never seen them scaled improperly.  Forcing it into a square, though will result in the weird scaling.

Did you receive BASE ID cards, or the CAC ID Card?  I was referring to the CAC ID card that is the same as military members get.  I am also familiar with the Base ID cards that give non-DoD individuals access to the base, that are produced locally and are not at all similar to CAC cards.  I would not mind either being approved for CAP.

Yeah... umm... those base cards caused major terrorism issues for Ft. Dix when they were issued local pizza delivery guys. I hear Ft Dix is no longer issuing them. BTW... Ft. Dix base cards were not welcome at McGuire AFB and there was an SP checkpoint operating during duty hours when you go from one to the other on the Texas Ave side.
GEORGE LURYE

JC004

Quote from: afgeo4 on August 20, 2007, 03:35:28 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 18, 2007, 04:15:33 PM
Maybe a removable AUX ON/AUX OFF feature?

Yeah!  It can be in the hologram, so if you show it slightly to the left, you can use to to enter a USAF base and if you show it slightly to the right, you can use it to... what is it we do that's not USAF funded again?

not Air Force funded: buying trophies for the proposed national SAR competition (so says CAP-USAF)...so if we need ID to get into Walmart to buy cheap trophies, we can use the CAP side of the hologram...  >:D

afgeo4

Quote from: JC004 on August 20, 2007, 03:38:52 PM
Quote from: afgeo4 on August 20, 2007, 03:35:28 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 18, 2007, 04:15:33 PM
Maybe a removable AUX ON/AUX OFF feature?

Yeah!  It can be in the hologram, so if you show it slightly to the left, you can use to to enter a USAF base and if you show it slightly to the right, you can use it to... what is it we do that's not USAF funded again?

not Air Force funded: buying trophies for the proposed national SAR competition (so says CAP-USAF)...so if we need ID to get into Walmart to buy cheap trophies, we can use the CAP side of the hologram...  >:D

oooh... would it work at Wal-Mart too?

Speaking of wallyworld... if we are allowed to purchase items tax-free for organizational use from commercial sources, why can't we purchase them tax-free from the BX/PX? That would just put more money into AAFES.
GEORGE LURYE