The Last Ship -- Didn't See That Coming

Started by LTC Don, July 01, 2014, 12:39:39 AM

LTC Don

The Last Ship - Episode 2.

Scene - Ship's Communications Room near beginning of episode:

I spy:

A (large) Civil Air Patrol Communications decal on the bulkhead near the hatch.  8)   8)

What are the odds they'd have a blue shield with a white triangle and a gold scroll across the top.  Took me a bunch of tries to freeze the screen on it.  It shows twice in the scene giving opportunities to study it if the show's been DVR'd.

Mystery:  Is it a show prop, or on the real ship, did one of the crew who may have been or is a member plaster the bulkhead?

Go Navy!   8)
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

cap235629

I got about half way through the episode before life got in the way. Now I will have to start all over.....
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

PHall

There are a few CAWG members who work in the film and television industry. ;)

Eeyore

A buddy of mine is the Navy Liaison Officer for that show.

I did notice the CAP Comms decal  ;D

LTC Don

Episode 3

At very end of episode 3 the Captain enters a hatchway and right behind him over his shoulder on a hatch is......

Perhaps this is the hatch to the comm shack where the decal from episode 2 is located.......

I also believe, according to the show's Wiki, that the stand in for the 'Nathan James' is the USS Halsey. I've been unable to find any pictures of the interior of the Halsey that might show these decals.

The show might not make it past Season 1, but at least CAP has had a presence in it......  8)
Donald A. Beckett, Lt Col, CAP
Commander
MER-NC-143
Gill Rob Wilson #1891

Devil Doc

Not make it Past Season 1? It is an awesome show. Few things are bad for it.

TNT
Time it is on
Not enough people know about it
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Eclipse

I'd love to know the story behind how it got there - an insignia that size had to be a custom job,
though it could have come from just about anywhere.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Eclipse on July 09, 2014, 04:49:24 PM
I'd love to know the story behind how it got there - an insignia that size had to be a custom job,
though it could have come from just about anywhere.

WIWAC, the old meeting place our unit was in had a stack of large decals like that sitting in the supply closet.  They were vinyl and adhesive with a split wax paper backing to expose the adhesive.  Our unit comm officer had a few on the side of his POV, one on the Comm room door, and at some point, they handed some out to us cadets so we could put them on our walls in our bedrooms, etc.  I never put mine up because there wasn't much room left with the Britney Spears poster and all that.  Not sure what happened to it...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Garibaldi

i have a smaller one, the size of the old comm badge, somewhere..
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things