What contingency plan have they for when E-services is down?

Started by Major Carrales, March 24, 2007, 01:55:42 AM

RiverAux

QuoteIf everyone has their 101 card on their person, along with their ID, CAP driver's license, and any other paperwork, then a mission can be carried out.  If eservices is down, it can delay the recording of things, but the physical work can be done.

Wait until we become so dependent on WMIRS that we forget how to do it the old fashioned way....

Major Carrales

I just got my new Texas Wing CAP driver's License today!!!

I am complete!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Major Carrales on March 26, 2007, 11:42:59 PM

I am complete!!!

Took 'em forever and a day, huh?  ;D
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

BillB

A Texas Wing CAP drivers license does NOT authorize you to drive the Black van from Maxwell.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Major Carrales

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 27, 2007, 12:01:50 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on March 26, 2007, 11:42:59 PM

I am complete!!!

Took 'em forever and a day, huh?  ;D

Several submissions...but it finally paid off. 

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Major Carrales

Quote from: BillB on March 27, 2007, 12:38:23 PM
A Texas Wing CAP drivers license does NOT authorize you to drive the Black van from Maxwell.

Yes, for the ability to drive those vehicles...one must get a hold of a CAPF 007, License to THRILL!!!

Commander
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

Quote from: BillB on March 27, 2007, 12:38:23 PM
What CAPF is needed to shoot at it? a CAPF 007B?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JC004

From CAP.gov:

There is currently an all building power outage at CAP National Headquarters Bldg.714. All network communications(www.capnhq.gov and email) will be  temporarily unavailable.

Hmmm...but capnhq.gov seems to be working? Maybe it wasn't and this wasn't taken down?

mikeylikey

Quote from: JC004 on May 03, 2007, 01:37:08 AM
From CAP.gov:

There is currently an all building power outage at CAP National Headquarters Bldg.714. All network communications(www.capnhq.gov and email) will be  temporarily unavailable.

Hmmm...but capnhq.gov seems to be working? Maybe it wasn't and this wasn't taken down?

Conspiracy??  Or did you take a trip down to Maxwell??
What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 03, 2007, 04:37:36 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 03, 2007, 01:37:08 AM
From CAP.gov:

Conspiracy??  Or did you take a trip down to Maxwell??

No, the headquarters will only be silent for a short period during my take-over.  But I do have a theory: They were testing this announcement, and they will use it when major changes to the uniform are released.  My little cousin used to do that - "LALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" (come to think of it, I do that at wing staff meetings, but that's besides the point.  I know you did too, mikey)

sparks

I renewed my CAPF 5 on Tuesday and entered that checkride results early Wednesday morning. Until it was approved electronically by the squadron commander, my MP quals were no good (I had expired by one day, new month). The point is that E-services was off-line the rest of the day. I think it came back to life later that evening. I had a 101 card & ID but wasn't legal to fly a mission if it had been required. This was only a momentary computer lapse but if it had been protracted many members could have qualification problems. It's particularly nasty at the beginning of a new month when qualifications expire. I'm sure many are thinking "plan ahead". I agree and did but in my case other events made that plan toast. Some of you have had hard drives die and servers fail so I too wonder what the NHQ IT department has as a contingency plan?

mikeylikey

Quote from: sparks on May 03, 2007, 06:20:50 PM
Some of you have had hard drives die and servers fail so I too wonder what the NHQ IT department has as a contingency plan?

They have NO (I repeat, NO) contingency plan.
What's up monkeys?