What Constitutes a Wing/Region/National Conference?

Started by a2capt, November 20, 2012, 04:03:52 AM

a2capt

Quote from: Eclipse on December 18, 2012, 12:20:43 AMBottom-line answer, the Wing or Region CC decides what is a Conference, and these decisions are usually driven by the echelon's PDO, who is usually the one in charge of putting them on.
That's about what I'm trying to determine, -WHO- decides it's a 'conference' that 'counts' for PD credit.

Is there a regulation, pamphlet, manual, scrawl on a cocktail napkin, anything, that shows who determines that a conference is a conference for the purposes of PD, and likewise what that conference should consist of?

Now, if I think about it, I'm sure that the intention of the requirement is to get the members involved socially with each other, to get them to see and be able to explore other parts of the program, and provide for opportunities of knowledge transfer.

A great many events do exactly that, and it sure sounds like some echelons recognize more than others.

Why is that? What constitutes that, and drives that rationale?

That's what I'm after. If it does not exist and it's purely at the will of a wing or region to say "you know, this is a fairly large event, it does all these things, it encourages participation from abroad, lets allow that to be used as PD credit as well".

Which leads me back to the requirement "Attend two conferences" .. what constitutes a conference for purposes of this?

My goal is to compile some logic and present it up the chain to get them to realize that several events they operate are in fact very similar and since there are already focused events that count, using Aerospace Conferences as one example, they can't say "well, that's all cadet programs related" .. when AE is one of our missions, and as it's been noted earlier in the thread, one of the regions has an ES conference that is recognized. That's two of our missions! .. each a focused event, but otherwise seems to have the same kind of flow and session makeup.