The Hawk Shop Status versus Other Vendors Continuing To Sell!?

Started by RADIOMAN015, August 29, 2010, 08:39:22 PM

RADIOMAN015

I don't think CAP is being fair to The Hock Shop. >:(
Looks like everything that was related to CAP is now called "USAF Auxiliary" 

One of our new senior members was able to buy "on line" CAP & cloth & plastic name tags from another vendor (other than The Hock Shop or Vanguard (who you'd be waiting weeks for something he got in less than 4 days) who continues to sell this merchandise, YET the Hawk can't do the CAP related name tags. :(

I heard rumors that in our area there's also very local sources that will do the BDU cloth tapes (CAP & Name) , and my guess is they would also do the blue & grey name plates if asked.   Perhaps CAP legal department found out that they can't enforce that portion of the cease/desist, since realistically any individual can order a name tag or cloth tapes that says anything they want.
RM   

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

vmstan

MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

DakRadz

So I noticed that the Hock**** Shop now has the following disclaimer on their site:

Quote from: The Hock ShopOrganizational names will not be allowed on the White on Blue nametapes.

Dang. They done outsmarted me.

PHall

You can order CAP nametapes and nameplates from AAFES now. And I'm pretty sure they won't get a C & D letter!

DakRadz

Hehehe, like to see that one. Or not..

I did notice that AAFES offers those online- and free shipping to boot!

Hmm, dunno if CAP gets free shipping, on second thought. I'm a USAF brat, so I have access to AAFES online.

a2capt

The other 'vendors' are not making a spectacle of themselves either. Playing that game with transparent 1 pt. type, and the like.

JC004

When I used to go to Dover, they carried the CAP branch tapes in a drawer (I guess they were afraid NHQ would show up?) and just had a little order form for nametapes.  Still, I prefer fabric strip nametapes and will never go back from those. 

DIE, WEBBED TAPES, DIE!

Angus

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on August 29, 2010, 08:39:22 PM
   Perhaps CAP legal department found out that they can't enforce that portion of the cease/desist, since realistically any individual can order a name tag or cloth tapes that says anything they want.
RM   

Actually vendors aren't supposed to if the name provided is "Civil Air Patrol".  Back when there was talk of changing the name tapes to the dark blue of our Blue field uniform I was scouting out ahead (so I could be ahead if it did pass).  I went to nametapes.com and they had been informed they couldn't provide any name tapes with that combination or words.  Those vendors that may still be producing name tapes that say "Civil Air Patrol" are most likely doing it under the table.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Eclipse

Quote from: Flint on September 01, 2010, 04:36:31 PMThose vendors that may still be producing name tapes that say "Civil Air Patrol" are most likely doing it under the table.

I'll mention that to AAFES next time I talk to them...

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Maybe they should leave the nametape vendors alone so that we can get the type and quality that Vanguard doesn't produce.   >:(

IceNine

Wow this has come full circle.

Not to mention nice custom engrave able coins from NWTM, flat ribbons, etc...

I don't have a problem with them as the vendor IF they are treating us right and not stopping 'other' vendors from providing 'other' stuff.  Long shipping times, poor customer service, and outrageous prices is not treating us right.

It's usually more profitable to lower prices and increase volume than it is to increase prices and decrease volume.  McDonalds v. Hardee's.

#1 rule of sales.  Make people feel like they are getting something for nothing and keep them coming back.  Free Standard shipping is enough for me.  I'll pay if I forget to order until it's too late.  The prices are already calculated as such that they will make a profit even paying shipping cost.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

SarDragon

Vanguard is not the one issuing C&D orders. Those are coming from NHQ.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Angus

Quote from: Eclipse on September 01, 2010, 05:17:29 PM
Quote from: Flint on September 01, 2010, 04:36:31 PMThose vendors that may still be producing name tapes that say "Civil Air Patrol" are most likely doing it under the table.

I'll mention that to AAFES next time I talk to them...

Well this was also about a year ago the last time I tried.  I'm sure AAFES being the military vendor of choice has an exemption as opposed to civilan producers.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

IceNine

Well and there's an old expression about defecation and the kitchen table.

Telling AAFES we don't need them could lead to them saying we aren't welcome at their facilities, or at the least not allowing us to phone in orders anymore.

"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

For the record, AAFES is the other of the two official vendors for CAP, not some non-connected random third party for-profit
vendor.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on September 08, 2010, 12:49:26 AM
For the record, AAFES is the other of the two official vendors for CAP, not some non-connected random third party for-profit
vendor.

There is a lot of "ignorance" out there that starts to morph into FACT, a phenomenon I work to expose when possible on those rare occasions when I know I am "in the right."
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454