Main Menu

Multiple things...

Started by juicedude10, March 17, 2010, 12:09:46 AM

juicedude10

For CAP, what kind of hair do you need and also, does it offer Para rescue as one of the things to do?  I'm not in CAP yet, but I maybe soon..

JC004

Brown hair.  No para-rescue.

Senior

Conservative style men's hair cut.  Hair off the ears and off the collar
is a good start.   
CAP has a cadet special activity that is hosted by the Air Force that
includes interaction with AF Para rescuemen.  It is called PJOC,
ParaJumpers Orientation Course.  No Pararescue training at the local
level. :D ;)

jimmydeanno

Quote from: JC004 on March 17, 2010, 12:12:00 AM
Brown hair.

39-1 Clearly shows black hair in the grooming standards...way to give him bad info.  :P

As for the OP, are you looking at joining as a cadet or adult member?

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Senior

jimmyd, could that be purple or dark green that copied black? :o

Walkman

lordmonar

Quote from: Walkman on March 17, 2010, 04:53:55 AM
I don't have any hair...
Then you must submit your 2b ASAP in triplicate!  Turn in your badge, your keys and all the gear you have squirled away! The Black Vans will be at your house in 15 minutes.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

vmstan

Come on guys, lets not scare off the newbie, yet.

juicedude, if you look at http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/M39_1_atchs.pdf it will give you the grooming guidelines as well as the height/weight regulations to be able to wear a Air Force uniforms. However, don't sweat it if you don't fit the grooming or the weight stuff, there are uniforms styles that can be worn by those members who fall outside those regulations.

As for para-rescue, we have not done that since WWII :)

MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

Walkman

Quote from: lordmonar on March 17, 2010, 08:29:48 AMThen you must submit your 2b ASAP in triplicate!  Turn in your badge, your keys and all the gear you have squirled away! The Black Vans will be at your house in 15 minutes.

Walkman cannot respond. Do not ask why. Just keep going about your business.

davidsinn

Quote from: Marshalus on March 17, 2010, 12:22:15 PM
However, don't sweat it if you don't fit the grooming or the weight stuff, there are uniforms styles that can be worn by those members who fall outside those regulations.

Unless he's a cadet, then he has to meet grooming.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

DG

What kind of hair do you need?

Silver

Silver Hair Patrol

vmstan

Quote from: davidsinn on March 17, 2010, 01:27:51 PM
However, don't sweat it if you don't fit the grooming or the weight stuff, there are uniforms styles that can be worn by those members who fall outside those regulations.

Unless he's a cadet, then he has to meet grooming.

True
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

James Shaw

Quote from: DG on March 17, 2010, 01:47:37 PM
What kind of hair do you need?

Silver

Silver Hair Patrol

I resemble that remark thank you!!
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

AirAux

Unless he is a cadet over 18 and doesn't meet the weight classes then he has to wear CAP distinctive..  hehe... I love all of the different uniforms...  so pretty... and diverse....

JayT

Quote from: AirAux on March 17, 2010, 02:16:40 PM
Unless he is a cadet over 18 and doesn't meet the weight classes then he has to wear CAP distinctive..  hehe... I love all of the different uniforms...  so pretty... and diverse....

Even then, a cadet still has to met the standards.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Flying Pig

You asked if CAP offers Para Rescue.  CAP is the only organization that offers the Para Rescue Orientation Course, Combat Control Orientation Course where you can participate in some very limited training with them during the summer.  Just to clarify, we do not DO Para Rescue. I have met prospective cadets who thought Para Rescue was a CAP mission.

juicedude10

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 17, 2010, 12:39:15 AM
Quote from: JC004 on March 17, 2010, 12:12:00 AM
Brown hair.

39-1 Clearly shows black hair in the grooming standards...way to give him bad info.  :P

As for the OP, are you looking at joining as a cadet or adult member?

I am trying to join as a cadet...

juicedude10

juicedude, if you look at http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/M39_1_atchs.pdf it will give you the grooming guidelines as well as the height/weight regulations to be able to wear a Air Force uniforms. However, don't sweat it if you don't fit the grooming or the weight stuff, there are uniforms styles that can be worn by those members who fall outside those regulations.

I don't think you could scare me off, due to the fact that I want to go HALO (high altitude low opening) from 30,000 ft at night....

juicedude10

and also, do you have to be above a certain weight?  Because I'm under the max for my height, by alot...because i'm around 5 2, and thats 141..I'm not even above 120...

Walkman

The weight guidelines are for the top of the scale. If you are below the listed weight, don't worry about it.