Does your squadron/group/wing have an AMAZING flight training program?

Started by Holding Pattern, August 23, 2019, 04:45:16 PM

Holding Pattern

Lots of good data here, but a lot of it is starting to push past the scope of what I'm trying to isolate here.

As an aside, yesterday two more pilots in my squadron got their Form 5 signed off.

etodd

Quote from: Holding Pattern on August 26, 2019, 10:44:40 PM
Lots of good data here, but a lot of it is starting to push past the scope of what I'm trying to isolate here.

Yes, in the original post, it might have been better to talk of "qualifying" new CAP pilots .. instead of using the word "training".  That got us off track. LOL

QuoteAs an aside, yesterday two more pilots in my squadron got their Form 5 signed off.

Great!
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

JohhnyD

Quote from: Eclipse on August 26, 2019, 02:34:03 PM
Competition is generally healthy for the consumer, not the provider.
Interesting perspectives. My thoughts are at odds with yours though.

Look at the now ancient Bell System, near total monopoly. After they were broken up by Judge Greene, consumer and business choices increased geometrically and prices plunged, great for the consumer. How about the RBOCS that spun out and their competition?

Well, trillions more in revenue and market share since then, way better for producers as well.

This is, in fact, a "zero sum game".

As it turns out, markets are NOT 'zero-sum games', they are 'positive sum games'.

CAP would be the Google or Microsoft of flight training over night.
Except we remain a not for profit, so if we did become a "gorilla" in the CFI space, what would happen? A whale of a lot more pilots, the whole aerospace world would benefit just like what happened to Ma Bells babies after the breakup. Economics and free markets are amazing, and freedom works.

God Bless America!

JohhnyD