Main Menu

Promotion Time

Started by yolo, December 07, 2017, 03:30:20 PM

yolo

I just got promoted to A1C the other day. One thing though, it has only been 30 days since my last promotion. I have the ribbon and everything, but am not promoted on eServices. What do I do?

Eclipse

Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 03:30:20 PM
I just got promoted to A1C the other day. One thing though, it has only been 30 days since my last promotion. I have the ribbon and everything, but am not promoted on eServices. What do I do?

Talk to your CDC or Commander and request it be entered.  Gently remind them to enter the effective date when
you were promoted, not when you ask about it.

"That Others May Zoom"

yolo

I asked, and he said i have to wait 30 days before it can be uploaded onto eServices. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait.

Eclipse

Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 03:56:51 PM
I asked, and he said i have to wait 30 days before it can be uploaded onto eServices. Is there anything I can do or do I just have to wait.

They are mistaken.  It take 30 seconds to click the box, and if you have completed the requirements.

There is no reason whatsoever to not process promotions immediately, and in fact, not doing so holds you back from working
on your next promotion since you can't take the next online tests until the previous promotion is approved.

It might be time to have a conversation that includes your parents and a copy of the regulations.

"That Others May Zoom"

yolo

I get that, but I just promoted in November, and he accidentally promoted me again in December and that I technically wasn't eligible, I hope this does not hold me back.

Cadetter

Assuming you don't have accelerated promotions due to JROTC, you should not have been promoted yet. Your ceremony should occur in January when you are eligible for promotion.
Wright Brothers Award, 2013
Billy Mitchell Award, 2016
Earhart Award, 2018

darkmatter

the system doesint allow for mistakes like promoting each month unless you are JROTC as far as im aware

Eclipse

Wait, are you saying you got promoted to A1C in less then 56 days?

"That Others May Zoom"

MrsRoe

I recommend keeping the super chart on hand. I believe it's in learn to lead 1. Your min time in grade is 8 weeks so you can and will promote then.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Cadet_Super_Chart_94732A5667D92_C5995ABD1FAC3.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time

yolo

Guys, it goes like this. I accidentally got promoted to A1C in 4 weeks. I do not do JROTC. It was a mistake by the CDC. I got my ribbon and everything in the ceremony but it is not technical, since it cannot be put on eServices. Again, it has been less than 56 days.

MrsRoe

Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 05:17:06 PM
Guys, it goes like this. I accidentally got promoted to A1C in 4 weeks. I do not do JROTC. It was a mistake by the CDC. I got my ribbon and everything in the ceremony but it is not technical, since it cannot be put on eServices. Again, it has been less than 56 days.

There's truly a wealth of information available on Eservices and I find it surprising that after promoting once you did not know to or did not reference the super chart. I recommend taking full personal responsibility in the future when making sure you are indeed set to promote. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just a new SM and mom of a CAP kid trying to figure it out one acronym at a time

Eclipse

Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 05:17:06 PM

To be clear, you aren't even eligible for promotion until at least 56 days have passed, so you
should not be wearing A1C or the ribbon until eServices shows that new grade.

You may well have completed the academics and PT, but Time In Grade is important and isn't
waiveable, without that completed you aren't and weren't an A1C (yet).

Wear the proper grade, and if people ask, tell them why.  You should also tell you CDC or whomever
does promotions regarding the mistake.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Concur... you got the promotion CEREMONY, but you should continue to wear your authorized single stripe until you are time in grade eligible in JAN18. If you know the exact date, you could gently remind your Commander or Deputy Commander that "next TUE is my effective promotion date, when you can enter it online, right sir/ma'am?".  Then, after he clicks, pin on with pride - and test!

Before we had eServices to hold units to the regs, the (often innocent/ignorant if well meaning) abuses were rampant. I knew one unit which was promoting Mitchell cadets with a 70 percent score for years in the early '90s, and other units which skipped PT tests, or ignored time in grade completely. Good intentions are protected against, now (grin).

Congratulations on your Achievement - you could spend time over the holidays prepping to ace your next set of tests when they're available!

Good luck,
Spam

yolo

Thanks Spam, Eclipse, and everyone else that really helped. I will contact my CDC in Jan and tell him about this, and ask him to upload it onto eServices.

MSG Mac

He can't upload it until 56 days have passed from your promotion to Airman.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 08:27:22 PM
Thanks Spam, Eclipse, and everyone else that really helped. I will contact my CDC in Jan and tell him about this, and ask him to upload it onto eServices.

.....contact him today  ::)

wacapgh

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on December 08, 2017, 05:59:58 PM
Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 08:27:22 PM

.....contact him today  ::)

+1
From what you have described, there may be other Cadets in your unit who have similar issues. Your reminder may help other Cadets in your unit.

AkFinesse

Isn't there a required time in grade or at least 60 days though? Like if you wouldn't be eligible for promotion if you haven't spent 60 days in your grade?

Quote from: Eclipse on December 07, 2017, 04:20:44 PM
Quote from: TheMeepMan on December 07, 2017, 03:56:51 PM

They are mistaken.  It take 30 seconds to click the box, and if you have completed the requirements.

There is no reason whatsoever to not process promotions immediately, and in fact, not doing so holds you back from working
on your next promotion since you can't take the next online tests until the previous promotion is approved.

It might be time to have a conversation that includes your parents and a copy of the regulations.

darkmatter

Quote from: AkFinesse on December 18, 2017, 10:03:13 PM
Isn't there a required time in grade or at least 60 days though? Like if you wouldn't be eligible for promotion if you haven't spent 60 days in your grade?

there is, unless your a member of JROTC then you only need 30 days ( 4 weeks) but most cadets arnt members of both CAP and JROTC

AkFinesse

So unless our friend was a member of JROTC, he/she should not have been eligible for the promotion they recieved, and it's not the squadron commander's fault that they can't put it in eservices?

Quote from: darkmatter on December 18, 2017, 10:13:03 PM
Quote from: AkFinesse on December 18, 2017, 10:03:13 PM

there is, unless your a member of JROTC then you only need 30 days ( 4 weeks) but most cadets arnt members of both CAP and JROTC