What Scholarships are there that CAP cadets can get?

Started by Picy3, April 26, 2019, 01:51:32 AM

Picy3

So I am looking for anyone who knows of scholarships either for CAP or not for CAP that could be used for CAP encampments or activities, Other then the obvious CEAP or scholarships for cadets wishing to attend flight related encampments.

First off for example I would like to go to E-Tech Robotics academy since engineering and what it teaches is what I am extemely interested in, but I lack the funding to go to it. Now please correct me if I missed anything on the CAP website about the scholarships but when I looked I saw they were pretty much all aimed at either Flight scholarships, basic encampments/staff or leadership focused encampments, for example Cadet Character and Leadership Foundation gives scholarships for Leadership focused activites (http://cclfscholarships.org). My main question is are there other scholarships for things like an encampment on Technology/engineering, Cyber Education Ect. that you guys know of?

I am also looking for scholarships that are lesser known or are out there that cadets may or may not know of.

Lastly before this is brought up, I have asked my squadron about having a scholarship and we do not have one other then the two flight scholarships we do each year.
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

Gunsotsu

If your squadron is only offering funds to cadets for flight training, then your squadron is doing a disservice to it's cadets.

Write a proposal. Make a case. Present it to your CoC. 

GaryVC

Are you looking at the E-TECH ROBOTICS 2019 UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY 16-27 June 2019? $325 isn't cheap but consider doing some of your own fundraising.

AdAstra

See the Cadet Invest Financial Assistance page (https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/cadetinvest) for information. The new Cadet Lift and Take-Off Program can be used for National Cadet Special Activities.

However, applications are now closed for 2019 NCSA.
Charles Wiest

Picy3

Quote from: GaryVC on April 26, 2019, 02:47:30 AM
Are you looking at the E-TECH ROBOTICS 2019 UNITED STATES AIR FORCE ACADEMY 16-27 June 2019? $325 isn't cheap but consider doing some of your own fundraising.

Yes that one and for me plus a plane ticket would actually be around $600-ish to go there.

Quote from: Gunsotsu on April 26, 2019, 02:45:58 AM
If your squadron is only offering funds to cadets for flight training, then your squadron is doing a disservice to it's cadets.

Write a proposal. Make a case. Present it to your CoC. 

I think this is mostly because we just lack the funding for these types of scholarships but I don't know for sure. But to clarify, when I brought it up at my squadron I was told there was no scholarships other then two flight academy scholarships we do each year (powered and glider, which I am in fact going for getting) and it sounded due to lack of funds to have one, but I'll look into what you said.

Quote from: AdAstra on April 26, 2019, 03:14:13 AM
See the Cadet Invest Financial Assistance page (https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/programs/cadets/cadetinvest) for information. The new Cadet Lift and Take-Off Program can be used for National Cadet Special Activities.

However, applications are now closed for 2019 NCSA.

Yes and this is something I was going to mention in my original post because the encampment I want to go to is not an NCSA and therefore doesnt qualify for that.
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

MSG Mac

Try asking for support from the AFA, VFW, or American Legion.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member