Main Menu

SER Winter Encampment

Started by BillB, January 03, 2008, 11:26:51 AM

BillB

I wonder how the Southeast Region Winter Encampment is doing. The temperature in the Camp Blanding area is 22 degress with a wind chill of 15. Must be a new experience for south Florida cadets.  (0600 PT ??)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Stonewall

What?  You mean besides the Encampment Safety Officer breaking his hip on the obstacle course?  I'd say it's going well.

Hear he's doing well after surgery.  Hey, things happen.  If we wanted to be safe we would have joined the Coast Guard Auxiliary.   ;D
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

Quote from: Stonewall on January 03, 2008, 06:16:08 PM
What?  You mean besides the Encampment Safety Officer breaking his hip on the obstacle course?  I'd say it's going well.

OUCH?!?!

"Things not to do at Encampment, 2008 version"

What's up monkeys?

SJFedor

Quote from: Stonewall on January 03, 2008, 06:16:08 PM

Hear he's doing well after surgery.  Hey, things happen.  If we wanted to be safe we would have joined the Coast Guard Auxiliary.   ;D

That's horrible......ly ironic.

*sigh* only in SER....

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

flyguy06

How did you hear about that already?

stillamarine

I know an email went out on the FL yahoo group the day it happened or the day after.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

RiverAux

QuoteIf we wanted to be safe we would have joined the Coast Guard Auxiliary.   
Like Auxiliarist Jimmin Chang?  An CG Auxiliary interpreter, he went 600 odd miles out from San Francisco on a AF helicopter (undergoing 2 underway refuelings) and ended up being hoisted down with the PJs (and later back up) onto the aft deck of a freighter, which had a crewman in medical distress. http://www.auxadept.org/navigator/2003SUMMER.pdf

Stonewall

Quote from: flyguy06 on January 06, 2008, 05:03:05 PM
How did you hear about that already?

Ummm...I live about 1 hour from the encampment, I had a cadet or two at the encampment and I'm plugged in...

Quote from: RiverAux on January 06, 2008, 08:00:25 PM

QuoteIf we wanted to be safe we would have joined the Coast Guard Auxiliary.   

Like Auxiliarist Jimmin Chang?  An CG Auxiliary interpreter, he went 600 odd miles out from San Francisco on a AF helicopter (undergoing 2 underway refuelings) and ended up being hoisted down with the PJs (and later back up) onto the aft deck of a freighter, which had a crewman in medical distress. http://www.auxadept.org/navigator/2003SUMMER.pdf

Yes, just like Jimmin Chang....  You do realize it was a friendly bash on a sister auxiliary group, right?  No different than me taklin' smack on the Navy, being an Army and Air Force veteran...  Please don't get offended by this.
Serving since 1987.

RiverAux

Yeah, I knew.  I just thought it would be funny to respond to.   >:D

Stonewall

From the SER WE website.

Is this guy wearing the "Ranger" patch on his left sleeve?  Is that metal rank?

click here for larger picture.
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

^^ Oh no......someone's in trouble!   :'(

Leave it to a Ranger...........
What's up monkeys?

BillB

That looks like a Hawk Mountain shoulder patch so probably wearing all kinds of Hawk bling.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

flyguy06

Quote from: Stonewall on January 07, 2008, 06:53:38 AM
From the SER WE website.

Is this guy wearing the "Ranger" patch on his left sleeve?  Is that metal rank?

click here for larger picture.

Please dont ask. I had to get into him about several things. He wore bloused boots with his sercie blue citing he was a "Real" Ranger. So i called him out telling him thatif he were really in an airborne unit he would know that you only wear blused boots with a beret. he acted like he didnt know that and thats when I knew he was a perp. He means well.

You know what they say. Imitationis the best form of flattery.

As far as the metal rank. he says he just got promoted to 2d LT and didnt have the sew on. We didnt make that much of a deal about it. i am not a uniform Nazi.

Stonewall

Quote from: flyguy06 on January 07, 2008, 03:35:54 PMPlease dont ask.  I had to get into him about several things.  He wore bloused boots with his service blues citing he was a "Real" Ranger. So I called him out telling him thatif he were really in an airborne unit he would know that you only wear blused boots with a beret. he acted like he didn't know that and thats when I knew he was a perp.  He means well.

You know what they say.  Imitationis the best form of flattery.

If that's the case, he would understand and know how to follow regulations.  Very interesting.  Hope to meet this guy.  Is he in FL wing?

Quote from: flyguy06 on January 07, 2008, 03:35:54 PM
As far as the metal rank. he says he just got promoted to 2d LT and didnt have the sew on. We didnt make that much of a deal about it. i am not a uniform Nazi.

That's what I figured on the rank thing.  Well, at least, that's what I expected to hear.
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

^ Becasue it takes all of five (5) minutes to sew your rank on.  No One there at the ENC asked this guy to do that?  I also noticed other things (as did others) but won't call him out, becuase I don't care.  I just hope someone down there gets him squared away! 
What's up monkeys?

BlackKnight

... He wore bloused boots with his sercie blue citing he was a "Real" Ranger. So i called him out telling him thatif he were really in an airborne unit he would know that you only wear blused boots with a beret. he acted like he didnt know that and thats when I knew he was a perp. He means well.

CAPM 39-1 Reg citiation please... 
Not sure if I understand your comment. I can't find anything prohibiting boot blousing. In fact, in my wing all but the rank newbies blouse their BDU trousers. Berets may or may not be authorized, depending on wing commander policy memos. Most of the memos I've seen that allow berets prohibit CAP members to wear them on a military base.

And here we go converting an encampment thread into a uniform thread.  >:D ;D
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

BillB

Knight read it again...blousing boots wearing blues, not BDUs  (have to read it through the typos)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

BlackKnight

Ahh!   Definitely a major NO-NO!

Thanks for the linguistics assist...  ;D
Phil Boylan, Maj, CAP
DCS, Rome Composite Sqdn - GA043
http://www.romecap.org/

flyguy06

Quote from: BlackKnight on January 07, 2008, 09:20:57 PM
... He wore bloused boots with his sercie blue citing he was a "Real" Ranger. So i called him out telling him thatif he were really in an airborne unit he would know that you only wear blused boots with a beret. he acted like he didnt know that and thats when I knew he was a perp. He means well.

CAPM 39-1 Reg citiation please... 
Not sure if I understand your comment. I can't find anything prohibiting boot blousing. In fact, in my wing all but the rank newbies blouse their BDU trousers. Berets may or may not be authorized, depending on wing commander policy memos. Most of the memos I've seen that allow berets prohibit CAP members to wear them on a military base.

And here we go converting an encampment thread into a uniform thread.  >:D ;D

We are not talking about CAP regs here. This member claimed to be a real Army Ranger and thats why he had his boots bloused. I reminded him that Rangers as well as other Airborne units ONLY wear bloused boots when they are wearing their beretsand ONLY when they are currently assigned to said unit. Blousing BDU's trousers is cool. We are talkig about blousing Blues

flyguy06

Yes. Please forgive my typos