Emergency Services Academy Price NCSA

Started by C/Cool, August 13, 2014, 12:49:55 AM

C/Cool

Hey guys,
I was looking at the NCSA's to get a good idea of which ones I wanted to apply for next year. I saw this one and didn't know how much it costs. I was wondering if anybody has been or has any info about it to help me out.
Thanks.
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Garibaldi

Look at the list available on the CAP website. Choose wisely. NESA, LESA, PJOC, Hawk Mountain...all will tax your physical prowess. COS will challenge your brain, if you are a cadet officer. Flight academies are expensive. Blue Beret is physically exhausting but a good experience, and the summers are nowhere near brutal. There are others that will challenge your brain, body, or wallet.

National Emergency Services Academy is not a whole lot of money. There is a "scholarship" program of sorts, where you work in the kitchen for the first week on KP and attend at little to no charge. It is physically challenging. You will learn a LOT.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Angus

Also we can't talk prices because it's also on Tiered system.  Pay by this date it's x dollars, after that it's x+y, and so on.  But still it's not terribly expensive.  And yes the scholarship if you need it is a great program and great way to go.  If you don't need the scholarship but want to attend both weeks you do pay separate fees.  So for example if you want to do Basic GSAR week one and Advanced GSAR week two you'd pay double.   
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Storm Chaser

Quote from: C/Cool on August 13, 2014, 12:49:55 AM
Hey guys,
I was looking at the NCSA's to get a good idea of which ones I wanted to apply for next year. I saw this one and didn't know how much it costs. I was wondering if anybody has been or has any info about it to help me out.
Thanks.

The National Emergency Services Academy (NESA) is a great activity. I strongly recommend it if your looking for challenging Emergency Services training. They offer two sessions (a week each) in the summer and the cost is approximately $200 per session. This cost does not include transportation. They also have limited scholarships available.

C/Cool

I was asking because some of the others said varied and I knew cost $1000 and others I knew cost $400. So I was just trying to get a price range. But I think Storm Chaser answered my question awesomely.  Thanks guys!
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

Alaric

Quote from: C/Cool on August 13, 2014, 12:49:55 AM
Hey guys,
Thanks.

Prices are listed in the application module with the exception of NESA and Hawk Mountain which have separate application processes