Honor Guard Academy

Started by C/Cool, November 20, 2013, 02:21:54 AM

C/Cool

Greetings,
Does anyone know if there will be an Honor Guard Academy available sometime in 2014?

Thanks
I'm sorry, did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?

arajca

Not a national one. The materials and funding have been passed down to the regions to hold. Check with your wing Director of Cadet Programs, through proper channels, of course, for more information on anything your region will be doing in regards to this.

spaatzmom

MER has a very active honor guard presence and was the originator of NHGA/  They are listed on the NCSA page as having scheduled an academy for 2014 MER Honor Guard Academy Edneyville, North Carolina .  https://www.facebook.com/MerHonorGuardAcademy/info

Майор Хаткевич

Spaatzmom, I know you were/are very involved with HGA/HG. I've tried on the FB group to see if anyone could provide me the HGA binder materials, but no one responded. My 2005 binder seems to have gone missing from the unit between when I left for college and came back. Any chance you could help me track down those materials?

spaatzmom

I am unsure where Tim's HGA binder is now that he is no longer living at home or I would copy it for you.  The only other person I know that might still have it, as it has been updated, is LT Col Mayhew.  She is the director of the MER HGA and her contact info is on the link I provided in my earlier post.  She is very busy, even more so than in 2005, so she might need a reminder.

I do remember you and am glad you are still interested in HGA. 

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: spaatzmom on November 20, 2013, 03:43:56 PM
I am unsure where Tim's HGA binder is now that he is no longer living at home or I would copy it for you.  The only other person I know that might still have it, as it has been updated, is LT Col Mayhew.  She is the director of the MER HGA and her contact info is on the link I provided in my earlier post.  She is very busy, even more so than in 2005, so she might need a reminder.

I do remember you and am glad you are still interested in HGA.

Heh. My experience at HGA was special...I'm sure most SMs remember me. Not always a good thing. But it was a great event, and my unit still has my friends and my rifle in good condition to work with.

a2capt

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 20, 2013, 06:25:08 PMHeh. My experience at HGA was special...I'm sure most SMs remember me. Not always a good thing. But it was a great event, and my unit still has my friends and my rifle in good condition to work with.
That reads kind of weird, but I get the gist .. and that's one of the many points. The friendships forged, and the experiences .. last a lifetime.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: a2capt on November 20, 2013, 06:45:00 PM
Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 20, 2013, 06:25:08 PMHeh. My experience at HGA was special...I'm sure most SMs remember me. Not always a good thing. But it was a great event, and my unit still has my friends and my rifle in good condition to work with.
That reads kind of weird, but I get the gist .. and that's one of the many points. The friendships forged, and the experiences .. last a lifetime.

Early on I was accused of making some Racist remarks. That event lead to another issue later that night due to my mental state after the fact. Nothing serious, but just based on the situation I'm sure most of the SMs knew of me by name. Outside of that early issue, most of the 2 weeks were excellent.

spaatzmom

I wasn't referring to that, but you were helpful, smiling and seeming to enjoy yourself when ever I saw you.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: spaatzmom on November 20, 2013, 09:25:17 PM
I wasn't referring to that, but you were helpful, smiling and seeming to enjoy yourself when ever I saw you.

Fair enough.  :D

Overcoming adversity in life and CAP on a few occasions has helped build me up instead breaking me down like a lot of the immigrant kids I knew.

Garibaldi

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 20, 2013, 09:51:47 PM
Quote from: spaatzmom on November 20, 2013, 09:25:17 PM

Fair enough.  :D

Overcoming adversity in life and CAP on a few occasions has helped build me up instead breaking me down like a lot of the immigrant kids I knew.

Nothing like a CAP activity to break down barriers and stereotypes.  :clap:
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things