Date Conflict with Encampment

Started by andyscottharris, April 17, 2013, 06:02:40 AM

andyscottharris

I want to attend my first encampment this year. Before the dates were changed from August to June, I had no conflict with the dates. I accepted a job acting professionally in a stage play that runs through June 23rd. Then, when the dates for encampment were changed to June, I found that I could not attend the first three days due to a scheduling conflict with my play. The director of the play will not allow me to miss the last weekend of performances to attend encampment, as they have no replacement actor. Would it be possible for me to join encampment on Monday June 25 and stay the rest of the week? This is my first year of CAP and the right time to go to encampment. I would hate to miss it entirely this year.

SarDragon

Have you contacted the encampment folks? Will you be able to complete 80% of the curriculum? My figures say no.

Here's an email address to try: ctg@cawgcadets.org Or you can ask via your chain of command.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

There's always Nevada, 6-13 July. Other PCR wings are happening in June, so that's the same problem. You can apply to any.. you could do a Winter one in KS, TX, FL...

andyscottharris

Thank you for suggesting another location for Encampment. I hadn't thought of that. Problem solved!