National Emgerency Services Academy

Started by C/2d Lt, July 31, 2012, 02:48:52 PM

C/2d Lt

Do you graduate from the National Emgerency Services Academy do you graduate with your GT3?
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

jeders

It depends on which school you attend. If you attend and successfully complete the basic Ground Team school, then yes.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

C/2d Lt

Is there a possibility that you will not be accepted into that course even if you apply for it?(Be placed in a different course or is it a random thing)
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

jeders

You are either accepted into the school you apply for or not, they don't put you into a different school. If you apply for basic GT, you are not going to be randomly put in the Mission Aircrew School.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on July 31, 2012, 04:59:17 PM
You are either accepted into the school you apply for or not, they don't put you into a different school. If you apply for basic GT, you are not going to be randomly put in the Mission Aircrew School.

The inverse of that would be awesome and you could sell enough tickets to finance the whole school!

"That Others May Zoom"

LGM30GMCC

Quote from: Eclipse on July 31, 2012, 05:12:21 PM

The inverse of that would be awesome and you could sell enough tickets to finance the whole school!

"Our first student for Mission Base Staff School is....Primrose Everdeen!"

"I offer myself as tribute!...Go...go to GSAR, don't worry about me! I'll survive the powerpoint...somehow!"

C/2d Lt

IS NESA considered a NCSA because it is not on eservices that I can tell.

Eclipse

Quote from: Cadet on August 05, 2012, 10:41:40 PM
IS NESA considered a NCSA because it is not on eservices that I can tell.

Yes - if you complete it it will be listed in the "Cadet Training" of the "Training" tab for both seniors and cadets.

"That Others May Zoom"

husker

The only exeption is when a student does not meet the prerequisites for the school to which they applied.  For example, a common situation is a student will apply for Advanced or Team Leader GSAR when they are not rated GTM3 in E-Services.  In such a case, their registration would be moved to Basic GSAR.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

jeders

Quote from: husker on August 05, 2012, 11:44:55 PM

The only exeption is when a student does not meet the prerequisites for the school to which they applied.  For example, a common situation is a student will apply for Advanced or Team Leader GSAR when they are not rated GTM3 in E-Services.  In such a case, their registration would be moved to Basic GSAR.

Interesting, I figured that they would just be outright denied. Good to know.

C/2d Lt

IF if understand it correctly than there are two weeks of NESA. Can you complete the BGSAR and the advanced GSAR by attending one the first week and the second the other week.

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

husker

Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: husker on August 22, 2012, 02:21:50 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on August 22, 2012, 04:09:52 AM
Yes. And you get 2 NCSA credits...  8) ;)

Incorrect.  One NCSA credit.

There was a topic not too long ago (within the last year), where some one from NESA said each week counted as a separate NCSA credit...

Extremepredjudice

So if you attend one week you get half a credit, sir?

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

husker

Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: husker on August 24, 2012, 04:16:15 PM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on August 22, 2012, 08:00:29 PM

So if you attend one week you get half a credit, sir?

What do you think?
I think it would be a full NCSA credit, but it doesn't make sense to only get one credit if you pay for and attend two weeks of NESA (two full sessions).

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

kd8gua

This question came up at NESA this summer, and one of the NESA staff stated that one or two weeks only counts as one NCSA, therefore either way you only earn one NCSA ribbon (or device if NESA is not your first).

Unfortunately for this staff member, he is wrong. I have done my own research on the topic, and each week of NESA is an event in and of itself. You graduate from one week and check in for the second week. At the conclusion of the second week, you receive an envelope with your certificates and authorizations from both weeks. Because you receive two separate awardauthorization print outs, you are entitled to two NCSA ribbon awards.

Therefore, two weeks of NESA earn you a NCSA ribbon plus star (or two stars).
Capt Brad Thomas
Communications Officer
Columbus Composite Squadron

Assistant Cadet Programs Activities Officer
Ohio Wing HQ

Extremepredjudice

Go look at his signature. Lemme know if that changes things

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on November 10, 2012, 02:12:24 PM
Go look at his signature. Lemme know if that changes things

Doesn't.

Members get one credit under the "Cadet Training" area of the eServices training tab for each week of NESA they complete, regardless of whether you are a Senior Member or Cadet - attend two weeks in a respective year and you get 2 credits.

"That Others May Zoom"