Awaiting Unit Approval?

Started by justin4airforce, March 09, 2012, 10:18:19 PM

justin4airforce

It seems like everyone already knows the NCSAs that they got accepted to for this year. I'm just curious as to if the whole selection process is complete. I'm just wondering because my activity status say "Awaiting Unit Approval". I am not really sure why is say this, does this mean it hasn't been approved by my unit commander? I applied for SUPTFC-Columbus and Blue Beret plenty before the deadline application date so I am little confused. So the question: Is the selection process complete, was there something wrong with my application, and/or could this be a fault on my or my commander's part. If there was a messup and I don't get to go its not a big deal, there is always next year. Im just confused with whats going on lol. Thanks for any help!

C/1st Lt Kingrea
SER-TN

lordmonar

I have not heard about any announcments....but I would check with my leadership and see if your application got approved and forwarded.

Even if you did not meet the deadline....you can still forward your application and get on the alternate list and still have a shot at going.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

davidsinn

The slottings are in. It sounds like your commander didn't approve it.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

MSG Mac

It's not necessarily the local unit's approval they are waiting on. It could just as well the Wing HQ.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

NCRblues

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 10, 2012, 12:23:29 AM
It's not necessarily the local unit's approval they are waiting on. It could just as well the Wing HQ.

Nope, if it was sitting at wing it would say "awaiting wing approval". If its at the local squadron it will say "awaiting unit approval".

It seems the squadron commander did not look at that section of eServices in time. Have him/her approve you now and still get on the ALT list in case someone drops out of a slot. Heck, last year NBB had someone move from ALT to primary 2 days before NBB started.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

MSG Mac

Quote from: NCRblues on March 10, 2012, 12:40:29 AM

Heck, last year NBB had someone move from ALT to primary 2 days before NBB started.
I knew a cadet who was an alternate for IACE. Got a call the morning that itr began and was told if he was still interested, show up in DC by that evening, with a passport and luggage.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

DakRadz

Quote from: MSG Mac on March 10, 2012, 04:23:08 AM

Heck, last year NBB had someone move from ALT to primary 2 days before NBB started.
I knew a cadet who was an alternate for IACE. Got a call the morning that itr began and was told if he was still interested, show up in DC by that evening, with a passport and luggage.

How does the payment work for such situations? Just out of curiousity.

NCRblues

Quote from: DakRadz on March 10, 2012, 04:26:11 AM
Quote from: MSG Mac on March 10, 2012, 04:23:08 AM

How does the payment work for such situations? Just out of curiousity.

Well, I cant answer for IACE, but for NBB the cadet showed up on day 1 and handed the cash for the activity to the director.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC