Awesome Wing Summer Encampments

Started by MimiDaca, January 03, 2012, 07:25:24 PM

MimiDaca

Hey There!

I'm already planning out my summer schedule (Yes, I know that its only January :D)I've applied for a couple NCSAs but was also hoping to apply for cadet staff at an encampment in one of the states. I've already done some here in NM, but was wondering if anyone could suggest some really well put together ones that I might enjoy.

Thanks alot!
C/2dLt Miquela Apodaca
C/DC Thunderbird Composite Sq.
NM Wg Reg. CAC Rep
SWR-NM-033

HGjunkie

FLWG is a great place for a diverse crowd, we routinely get staff from all over the country. Also, we have one of the biggest encampments in the nation, so it's a challenge.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

SarDragon

The GLR-N/MIWG encampment is an excellent event. Well run, great people, good facility. A winner all around.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

titanII

I haven't personally experienced it, but I've heard great things about the Colorado Wing Encampment. Plus you get a visit to the Air Force Academy, no extra charge  ;).
No longer active on CAP talk

Cap'n

Are the Encamptment dates already out for summer?   
Oh, and I've heard great things about COWG and FLWG as well. I'm going to COWG this summer. :D

argentip

I will second SarDragon's recommendation fo GLR-N/MIWG' Encampment.  We consistently have high quality staff members from multiple Wings (both Senior Member and Cadet) as well as Basic Encampment and RCLS cadets attend from all over the country.  Cadet Staff applications are currently being accepted until 11 January.  This encampment will be held at Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center in Alpena, MI from 11 - 19 August.

I would also like to mention the INWG Encampment.  This encampment also draws staff as well as cadets for Basic Encampment from many Wings.  It is also conveniently held the week directly preceeding Session 1 of NESA, so you can sign out of Encampment and sign right into NESA if you are attending both.  This encampment will be held at Camp Atterbury in Edinburgh, IN from 14 - 21 July.
Phil Argenti, Col, CAP
GLR-IN-001

MimiDaca

Awesome! Thank you to everyone for the great reccomendations. I've heard that GLR-N/MIWG Encampment is great. Also, I went to the COWG encampment last summer as a basic in ATF. You will enjoy it Pomegranate.

Thanks again!
C/2dLt Miquela Apodaca
C/DC Thunderbird Composite Sq.
NM Wg Reg. CAC Rep
SWR-NM-033

CAPC/officer125

Also, ND/SDWGs have the Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment this year in Camp Grafton ND 5-15 July. Great place and the weather varies, though you are always going to be getting breezes off Devil's Lake.
C/LtCol Priscilla (Pat) Temaat
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff
2012 Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment Cadet Commander

LC

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on January 05, 2012, 03:14:41 AM
Also, ND/SDWGs have the Joint Dakota Cadet Leadership Encampment this year in Camp Grafton ND 5-15 July. Great place and the weather varies, though you are always going to be getting breezes off Devil's Lake.

I've gone to there's both as a basic cadet and on cadet staff. Always had a fantastic time.

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: LC on January 05, 2012, 04:08:52 AM

I've gone to there's both as a basic cadet and on cadet staff. Always had a fantastic time.
Twice on staff, currently in the midst of applying for C/CC
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

Cool Mace

Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on January 05, 2012, 04:53:21 AM

[Off subject]

Shouldn't you update your signature? I heard you earned your Spaatz.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

CAPC/officer125

Quote from: Cool Mace on January 06, 2012, 09:23:50 PM
Quote from: CAPC/officer125 on January 05, 2012, 04:53:21 AM

[Off subject]

Shouldn't you update your signature? I heard you earned your Spaatz.
Nope, still have to retake it. I took the summer/fall/winter(ish) off for personal reasons and am working on getting back in shape and going over the things I missed. Goal is by the end of the school year (actually really hoping for something like mid-April so I have time to invite people to the pinning at [hopefully]Wing Conference Memorial Day weekend). So unless someone retook it for me, I am still a C/LtCol, sadly.
Eaker #2228
Earhart #14523
KS-001- KSWG HQ staff

RC007

Brad

Quote from: HGjunkie on January 03, 2012, 08:04:01 PM
FLWG is a great place for a diverse crowd, we routinely get staff from all over the country. Also, we have one of the biggest encampments in the nation, so it's a challenge.

I agree here, and I told Capt Lampasona I wanted to try to get down there sometime in return for his regular appearances up here at SCWG's encampments.

As for SCWG though, last year we went to Parris Island and it was certainly a "unique" experience. Some logistical bumps from my seat as CUL but this time we know where to set up the trailer if we decide to go back this year, which would be AWESOME!

Come on down! Or up, in your case.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN