Flight Officer wearing Service Cap

Started by wildbluyonder, December 24, 2012, 06:59:01 PM

wildbluyonder

I am a cadet who is entering the flight officer program due to me joining a AFROTC unit in college, I think being a senior member will be easier on my schedule. I am just wondering if a flight officer is able to wear the company grade service cap with the AF service uniform as I personally don't like the flight cap (please don't shoot me) because I just find it to be a pain.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: any SM can wear the service cap.  Major and above get farts and darts on the bill.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Camas

I'm with you on the service cap but that's not up for discussion here. Please remember to wear the correct device on the front; it's different than what cadet officers wear.  Heck, I'll bet you already know that eh?

Private Investigator

Quote from: wildbluyonder on December 24, 2012, 06:59:01 PM... I personally don't like the flight cap ...

I always thought the service cap was awesome ever since I wore one for graduation day from USMC Boot Camp.

BuckeyeDEJ

In the Air Force, field grade officers and higher are supposed to have service caps. CGOs and EMs, it's an option. Generally, they're only worn with service coats ("class A"); frankly, when they're worn with the shirt only, they look dorky. Can't put a service cap under your belt, or slip it in a flight suit pocket.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.