Main Menu

What do you use?

Started by ranger1716, March 21, 2005, 08:50:46 PM

ranger1716

So, what do you use for your field gear during ES operations? Do you use web gear, a daypack, camelback, etc.?

I personally use a hydration pack I picked up at target. Fits all my 24hr gear, UDF gear,  and more and carries the water I need.

Greg

Quote from: ranger1716 on March 21, 2005, 08:50:46 PM
So, what do you use for your field gear during ES operations? Do you use web gear, a daypack, camelback, etc.?

I personally use a hydration pack I picked up at target. Fits all my 24hr gear, UDF gear,  and more and carries the water I need.

Same here, I use a hydration pack.  Small and comfortable  :)
C/Maj Greg(ory) Boyajian, CAP
Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron

Major_Chuck

40' RV with Air Conditioning, plasma TV, Satalite Dish, toilet, microwave and range...

;D
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

MIKE

Quote from: Major_Chuck on March 22, 2005, 03:09:03 AM
40' RV with Air Conditioning, plasma TV, Satalite Dish, toilet, microwave and range...

;D

10 cadet porters and a small mule train.  ;D
Mike Johnston

CAPSGT

Field?  what's the field?  Is there a Krispy Kreme in this "field"?
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

Major_Chuck

Quote from: CAPSGT on March 22, 2005, 04:25:51 AM
Field?  what's the field?  Is there a Krispy Kreme in this "field"?

Of course.
Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Matt

Gear in the field.....  I just use a Tac Vest and if I need to mod it out for anything, rapelling, medical, etc, I can do such, just keep it all in a duffle bag with me.  Most importantly though.... ORANGE HELMET!  Although it's not in the regs, they serve a multitude of circumstances.  Everyone in our unit, and most dedicated GT's in the wing use them.  It comes from a while ago when one of our gurus was on an actual crash site was standing there and looked up.  Right above his head he found a nice piece of metal hanging.  Since then, we've warn helmets.  Also, the helmets are more easily seen by A/C when you're in a field or in the woods.
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

Xeno

Right now I'm using medium size alice pack along with a Camelback hydration system. However all that stuff is heavy and akward to move through the woods with. I've been considering getting a tactical vest for the 24hr pack and using the alice gear for my 72hr pack.
C/1st Lt. Josh Sims
C/CC SWR-AR-095

121.5 -- If you crash, we will dash...

Matt

it's definately the way to go, I'm not sure of all of your terrain, but ours is wooded, and ALICE, as nice as she is, doesn't fit in to them...  Go to duck under a branch, and instantly you gain gear....  or have to do medical treatment to the person behind you....
<a href=mailto:mkopp@ncr.cap.gov> Matthew Kopp</a>, Maj, CAP
Director of Information Technology
<a href=https://www.ncrcap.us.org> North Central Region</a>

MIKE

Forget ALICE.  Go MOLLE.
Mike Johnston

Pylon

Quote from: MIKE on August 12, 2005, 06:00:10 PM
Forget ALICE.  Go MOLLE.

Just make sure never to accidentally call Alice, "Molly."  They get mad about that.  ;)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP