Another good idea from the Air Force

Started by RiverAux, June 24, 2009, 03:27:34 AM

BillB

Dang a gardsman gets p[aid four times as much for a weekend that I got paid for a full month on active duty. Talk about inflation  LOL
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

desertengineer1

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on June 27, 2009, 02:09:47 PM
I have no sympathy whatsoever for Reservists or Guard personnel.  That's silly about your 10 hour work days.  When you folks are at drill you should have to work at least 12 hours each day so the taxpayers get their monies worth out of you.    Reservists & Guardsman make very good money while they are at training on their weekend UTA's.  It's the motherlode of cash if you are a flight crew member.  Just check out the pay tables.  Remember that a drill period is 4 hours, and they are getting paid 8 hours per day
http://www.airforcetimes.com/projects/money/pay_charts/2009/drill/0_20/  Multiply those figures by 4 to get the weekend pay.  That why we should ensure they work a minimum of 12 hours each day.  Plenty of time to get that ancillary training done. If you can't than the other option for the taxpayers is to have you do some points only training days for that ancillary training (e.g. no money being paid but points count towards retirement) ;D
RM     

There are so many things I want to say here...  Will try to be as troll resistant as possible.

First, it's not about the money.  You, Mr 20 years of AD should understand that.  If someone comes to me wanting to join the service for money, I find a nice way to ask them to reconsider.  If I wanted to make money, there are at least 100 options available elsewhere.  It's about being part of something bigger than a checking account.

Second, my post was not intended to elicit simpathy of any kind.  It was to clarify to non ANG/Reservists or folks that may not understand the details that the training disconnection is a bit more complicated than face value.  It starts with available time compared to required tasks.  We're working at at least a 1:3 ratio at my unit.

And finally...

If you want to sit behind a desk, throw around the "20 years AD" attitude, I would prefer you direct that at me.  We'll have a nice debate.  But I take offense at your being an [censored] to reservists as a whole.

I've attended too many memorial services and funerals in the last 5 years, in uniform, for members in your "I have no sympathy" category, and was in country when countless numbers of your "Paid too much" category were chewed to pieces outside the FOB gates.

You want to come after me personally, fine.  We'll have a private chat.  But when you go after everyone as a whole, you're going after members of my unit.  I pray to God that every one of them I send out the door to the AOR has the support, training, and luck to come home to their families in the same condition that they left.

IMHO, we can't pay them as much as they deserve.

You should know better than to post something like that.

Just because the filter doesn't catch it doesn't mean you should use it... and dollar signs don't make it ok either. - MIKE

MIKE

Mike Johnston