Main Menu

Visiting Puerto Rico

Started by a2capt, February 14, 2009, 06:11:09 PM

a2capt

D'oh! ... I knew I should have probably posted here first ..

The week is almost over, I have Sunday and Monday left.

I'm in Puerto Rico, San Juan area. I looked prior to departing CA, for units in the area. Turns out that the two that I found and had compatible meeting times and locations, the information on the NHQ unit locator is bogus.

Disconnected phones, etc. No evidence of one of the units at all, and looking at the SER/PRWG pages I can't even find evidence of the unit that was the closest. The contact's phone number is disconnected.

Also, was looking at possibly flying some, but at what I can gather being $220/hr for a 172 .. I'd rather pay for gas for my own 172 back home. Since I know I'll have to get a checkout before flying and then we'd want a couple hours..  so that would add up quickly.

Capination

Next time you visit let me know through this forum and I will make arrangements for you to participate or visit one of our units. C-17's are $80 per hour on a 172 and $100 per hour on a 182. Make sure that you bring with you authorization from your Wing CC to fly on PRWG, they will ask you for that before you can touch the controls.

DakRadz

Quote from: Capination on July 18, 2011, 01:23:52 AM
Next time you visit let me know through this forum and I will make arrangements for you to participate or visit one of our units. C-17's are $80 per hour on a 172 and $100 per hour on a 182. Make sure that you bring with you authorization from your Wing CC to fly on PRWG, they will ask you for that before you can touch the controls.
Respectfully, this is two years old...

Capination

Yeap I know, but it is never too late to share my availability to share information and assist any visitor. You too are welcome