Visiting National HQ Question

Started by FloridaCaptain, November 19, 2013, 07:46:16 PM

FloridaCaptain

Are we allowed to visit national headquarters?  I would like to do that, but I was curious as to what the rules are regarding that since I do not have a military ID.  Would I need to be put on a list, or does the base have a standing agreement with CAP? 

Thank you

a2capt

When we were at NSC, I most certainly got the impression Joe Average Member could make a visit anytime. Maxwell isn't a high profile base, it's not as much of a "nightmare" for the lessor "privileged" to get into.

Easiest thing, give 'em a call..

I suspect that is one base where they're pretty aware of CAP at the gate.. :)

AlphaSigOU

You'll more than likely require a sponsor that works on the base to get you admitted at the main gate, though one shouldn't have much problems with a CAP ID. Maxwell has already implemented DBIDS (Defense Biometric Identification System) for those non-military needing regular access to the base.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

MSG Mac

If you are going for a specific purpose call ahead and make an appointment. But when I dropped in a few years ago, i was warmly received and taken on a tour of the building.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

James Shaw

No sponsor required to get on base. Make sure you have CAP I'd card and license with insurance info. You don't have to call but it may be a good idea to make sure it is open.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

stillamarine

Call. I know all of us on wing staff had to get a dbids card. Sounds like they are tightening it up.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com