Maj Gen Pineda Misconduct Investigation Hits the News

Started by CAPlikeCrack, December 21, 2006, 02:45:09 PM

Skyray

Quote from: flyguy06 on December 28, 2006, 05:09:32 PM
Is CWO Munger the guy behind all of this? I remember reading about this guy last year. He fabricated this story about Pineda and some issue that happened in Florida with a cadet. It was all lies and made up. Is this the same guy? OMG

I don't know where you get your information, but if you are speaking of the [name redacted by admin]  matter where her little brother got a 2B for complaining that she was trading sexual favors for the answers to cadet achievements and the DCC struck him and locked him in the squad room,  that was not made up.  I represented the brother at an appeals board and got him reinstated.  Then when I tried to renew my membership, I got a nice little letter from National saying that I could not renew because Florida Wing objected.  It went downhill from there, culminating when Pineda tried to bully Munger into taking responsibility for the investigation of the Fealey matter being "lost."  The matter was Never investigated. and I had the devil's own time preventing the mother from suing CAP.

Mod Edit: Cadet's Name Removed. Violation of CAPTalk Code of Conduct, Bullet 4.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: NoNamesPlease on December 28, 2006, 04:02:24 PM
Gee, Mr. Munger (please don't refer to this person as Major Munger - it degrades the rank as he's not a CAP member and obviously doesn't support the goals of the organization), I never got the message that my email had bounced.

I have to admit that I'm not a subscriber to your gossip column and wasn't familiar with the process of sending in rebuttals.

But I looked in your 'newsgroup' today and saw that you didn't take my letter off of Captalk and post it to your scandel sheet, even though you readily reprint other articles that you are interested in getting out to your readership if it fits your twisted agenda.

Let's see if this post shames you into putting my letter out to your readers - I doubt it will. Prove me wrong.

I remain anonymous, but my letter accurately reflects my thoughts and opinions on this matter, unlike your obvious 'third-party sources' that are in many cases nothing more than a figment of your own imagination as you promote your CAP-hate agenda. Take responsibility for your own opinions - I do.

These red herrings that you are tossing out take nothing away from the facts of the case, and as it sits right now there are unsubstantiated claims from a disgruntled former CAP member who was relieved from his position with just cause (who is also an admitted cheater and liar in his own words to the entire world).

You are pouring gas on this fire in your lame attempt to even the score with someone you have a personal feud with. This is pretty low even for you, Mr. Munger.

I'm not the problem with this issue, and neither are you (even though it appears you relish the limelight). The claim is being investigated in due process, which is something that you obviously refuse to give similar consideration to.

It's nice to see that your petty obsession with knocking down Gen Pineda continues to set your agenda in reporting about CAP. I wish I had the amount of time that you do to waste on chasing windmills.

Please go back to your basement and your computers and make up more garbage about CAP. I'm not going to demean myself by responding to your insults ("this fool", etc.) or you in the future. This will be my last comment on this matter until the IG report is issued, which will obviously clear Gen Pineda.

Sounds like NHQ being heard from. Ever heard of a jailhouse snitch?

Bottom line: If you want to believe that NOTF is a gossip rag only out to slam CAP or anyone in power over in Soggy Bottom, AL then it's obvious you don't read it and don't know what you're talking about.  Why? Because about 60-70 percent of the CAP stories there are positive about CAP, usually written by a local media outlet. Probably another 10-15 percent are stories about SAR/DR ops going on that made the wires. The other 15 percent are the bad and uglies.

You're going to have a hard time reconciling the fact that your little gossip rag story had enough legs for the Miami Herald, AP, UPI and Air Force Times to stake their reputation on.

Johnny Y.

"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

flyguy06

Quote from: Skyray on December 29, 2006, 01:49:53 AM
Quote from: flyguy06 on December 28, 2006, 05:09:32 PM
Is CWO Munger the guy behind all of this? I remember reading about this guy last year. He fabricated this story about Pineda and some issue that happened in Florida with a cadet. It was all lies and made up. Is this the same guy? OMG

I don't know where you get your information, but if you are speaking of the [[name redacted by admin]] matter where her little brother got a 2B for complaining that she was trading sexual favors for the answers to cadet achievements and the DCC struck him and locked him in the squad room,  that was not made up.  I represented the brother at an appeals board and got him reinstated.  Then when I tried to renew my membership, I got a nice little letter from National saying that I could not renew because Florida Wing objected.  It went downhill from there, culminating when Pineda tried to bully Munger into taking responsibility for the investigation of the Fealey matter being "lost."  The matter was Never investigated. and I had the devil's own time preventing the mother from suing CAP.

No, thats not what I was referring too, but thanks for putting it out so everyone now knows about it. I was talking about an aritlce that at first I thought was real, but then I found out that the name was made up and it came from this Munger guy's website. I then loked him up on my Army AKO and found him.

But to what you said, a cadet was giving sex for answers to a cadet test? Dang, I dont know of any cadet test that is that serious to warrent giving sex for. SOme folks take CAP way too serious.

[mod edit: removed cadet's name]

Skyray

From flyguy06:
QuoteBut to what you said, a cadet was giving sex for answers to a cadet test? Dang, I dont know of any cadet test that is that serious to warrant giving sex for. Some folks take CAP way too serious.

In candor, I don't think that she considered having sex as that serious a thing.  The issue arose when her fourteen year old brother started acting out because she was advancing much faster than he was, and her alleged sex partner (an adult senior member) struck him and locked him in the squad room.  The brother was 2Bed, and the girl was helped to move out of her parental home by squadron officers.  That's when I got into it at the invitation of the cadets' mother, who had me represent the fourteen year old at a 2B Appeals Board.  I was not allowed to introduce any evidence of the relationship between the girl and her DCC, but I got the younger cadet reinstated any way.  It was a futile effort, he dropped out of CAP within a couple of months.  Munger's involvement was that he was the Wing Administrative Officer, and Pineda tried to bully him into taking responsibility for the investigation being swept under the rug.  If you are familiar with the regulations, the simple allegation of cadet sexual abuse or cadet physical abuse trigger a mandatory investigation by National.  It never happened.
Doug Johnson - Miami

lordmonar

Quote from: Skyray on December 29, 2006, 07:48:07 PM
If you are familiar with the regulations, the simple allegation of cadet sexual abuse or cadet physical abuse trigger a mandatory investigation by National.  It never happened.

Quote from: CAPR 52-10, para 1.aa. Sexual Abuse. Sexual abuse is defined as sexual molestation, touching, contact, exposure, suggestions, or other incidents of a sexually oriented nature. The unit commander will immediately notify the wing commander who will immediately notify the wing legal officer and the General Counsel (at 334-264-7152 during business hours or 888-519-8338 after hours, weekends, and holidays) or the Executive Director (at 334-834-2236). No investigation will be conducted nor statements taken until specifically directed by the General Counsel. The General Counsel will notify the region commander, other appropriate officials, and state agencies as required.

No where does it say an investigation must be conducted.  Not knowing any of the details (and not wanting to get into them here), if the unit commander reported it to the wing commander, wing legal and the General Counsel and/or Executive Director....and they determined that the relationship did not cross the line into abuse....then no investigation was needed.

This was before the hard and fast senior on cadet relationship rule was put into place.

As far as bringing any other accusations into a 2b hearing....why would you need to?  The brother was 2bed because he was too immature and was acting up.  It does not matter why his sister was getting promoted faster...so there was no need to introduce that situation into the record.

The fact that the girl moved out of her parents house, seems to imply that she was no longer a minor...ergo....her relationship was not illegal or against CAP regulations as they were written at the time.

I'm not sure by what you mean when you say..
"Munger's involvement was that he was the Wing Administrative Officer, and Pineda tried to bully him into taking responsibility for the investigation being swept under the rug."

Are you saying that Col (now MGen) Pineda wanted Munger to do the investigation but keep it quite...or are you saying....Col Pineda was blaming Munger for getting the investigation squashed?
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

CAP428

I haven't kept up with this conversation much since the first couple of pages, so forgive me if someone has already posted this, but....

...the Miami Herald has corrected its articles to say Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama rather than Texas.  Hooray for research.

flyguy06

Quote from: CAP428 on December 30, 2006, 05:35:12 AM
I haven't kept up with this conversation much since the first couple of pages, so forgive me if someone has already posted this, but....

...the Miami Herald has corrected its articles to say Maxwell Air Force Base, Alabama rather than Texas.  Hooray for research.

That was just a typo and realy wasnt important to the story. Not really worht mentioning if you ask me

CAP428

No, it wasn't important to the story, but it shows an underlying lack of attention to detail.  If she couldn't find out where NHQ was, what other information was she skipping?

It couldn't have been "just a typo."  It was a lack of checking information.  I mean, look at the keyboard.  Typing "A-L-A" is nowhere close to typing "T-E-X."  There's no way it was just a typing incident.

But you are correct, specifically it has no bearing on the story.

flyguy06

When I say a typo, I dont mean she typed the wrong thing. I mean she probably didnt research it very well, but who cares? The location of Maxwel AFB isnt relevabt to the story. The story is about cheating on a online test. The location of Maxwell is irrelevant to the story. Maxwell could be inCalifornia but the allegation still remains and thats the basis of the story.

EMdude

If you have met Ray Haden, who made these allegations, you would probably come to the same conclusion I have.  He is a very troubled person who deserves our sympathy, but certainly deserves no respect for his very malicious attack on all of us. 

Haden is now the recipient a CAPF 2B for incredibly inappropriate behavior at a Florida Wing PD weekend, which he was coordinating.  The termination, applauded by anyone who saw his conduct, prompted this troubled man to find a focus for his anger.  The focus became our National Commander, who now has to spend time dealing with the frivolous and false rants of this disturbed former member, who has embarrassed us all.

Skyray

Patrick M. Harris, Captain, CAP, drew upon his vast knowledge of Cap Regulations and pontificated:
QuoteNo where does it say an investigation must be conducted.  Not knowing any of the details (and not wanting to get into them here), if the unit commander reported it to the wing commander, wing legal and the General Counsel and/or Executive Director....and they determined that the relationship did not cross the line into abuse....then no investigation was needed.

This was before the hard and fast senior on cadet relationship rule was put into place.

I communicated directly with Scott Hamilton, purported to be General Counsel at the time, and he professed to have no knowledge of the events.  The mother of the girl, who was 16 at the time, communicated with both the Wing and National Commanders, and in accordance with Harris's excuse, the Wing Commander told her that a sixteen year old could sleep with whomever she pleased.  Two things wrong with that analysis, the wing commander is not the General Counsel, and the General Counsel, being a lawyer, would have known that was not an accurate statement of Florida Law.  Moving her out of her parental influence without a court order was contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

I hate to disagree with such a positive source of CAP Regulations, but my recollection is that there was a positive restriction on Senior Members having sexual relations with cadets when I joined the CAP in the mid 80s.  In fact, one of the problems in my first SLS was what should be done about a couple of sexually active cadets when one of them decided to turn senior.

As a mere picking of rhetorical nits, a determination by the General Counsel is an investigation.  At least it is if he adheres to his oath as a lawyer.  But it wasn't done.  Remember, he didn't know about it.  The squadron commander, who opposed me in the 2B appeal, and for whom I developed a lot of respect over the years, did inform me that the DCC had been "counseled" over his affinity for female cadets.  Apparently this girl was not the first.  But the squadron commander had done her duty, Pineda knew about it, and all the sweeping under the rug was taking place from Pineda up.
Doug Johnson - Miami