Security Forces Familiarization Course!

Started by coolkites, August 21, 2009, 10:37:26 PM

coolkites

FOUO

Nevada Wing is hosting an exciting new activity in December!  Check out the Cadet Blog for details.

At the Air Force Security Forces Familiarization Course, cadets will encounter Air Force Office of ******** (***), the ********************** Police Department and the  *****************(***).

Experiences include law enforcement/security training, military working dog program, small arms weapons familiarization, anti terrorism/force protection and emergency services response.

Cost is $*.** and the application deadline is ***.

I received this in an email and was just curious. Does anyone have any more information about this? Has anyone ever attended this type of training before? I *ed out certain information because it was not necessary to be included. Sorry if im being overly cautious about OPSEC and correct me if I was wrong in *ing out that information

flyerthom

Being NV Wing PAO I'd LOVE some information on this.  >:(

Why do I feel like a mushroom...

Quick use of Googlefu shows it's out there already so no opsec issue.:

from gocivilairpatrol

http://www.usafsffc.com/Home_Page.html

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/file.cfm/media/blogs/documents/USAF_SFFC_Info_Flyer_C9A7BC8BF2778.ppt
TC

Flying Pig

Wow...a course where I can stand at the front gate in August sweating my butt off with a nasty sunburn on my ears.  Sign me up!!!

(I used to do it...so I can complain ;D)

coolkites

Interesting responses, Like I said I just received this in an email from ORWG wing notices and was very curious I could not go though because of the cost.  :'(

Grumpy

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 21, 2009, 10:47:56 PM
Wow...a course where I can stand at the front gate in August sweating my butt off with a nasty sunburn on my ears.  Sign me up!!!

(I used to do it...so I can complain ;D)

HOT HOT HOT!!
(7 level in LE and Security)

Short Field

The event takes place the end of Dec which is great cool weather in the Las Vegas Valley.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Flying Pig

Oh, so frost bite instead.   :o

Im kidding of course.  I had a blast in Security Forces (USMC Security Forces).  Some of the best training, working with top notch guys (USMC Security Forces is males only).  I was able to see and protect some of the most amazing things on the planet.  I realize Marine SF is different than USAF SF......but you get the idea.

Marine Security Force Co.
Naval Weapons Station, Yorktown VA

lordmonar

Quote from: flyerthom on August 21, 2009, 10:46:34 PM
Being NV Wing PAO I'd LOVE some information on this.  >:(

Why do I feel like a mushroom...

Quick use of Googlefu shows it's out there already so no opsec issue.:

from gocivilairpatrol

http://www.usafsffc.com/Home_Page.html

http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/file.cfm/media/blogs/documents/USAF_SFFC_Info_Flyer_C9A7BC8BF2778.ppt

Tom, 

They wanted to keep this a close hold because it was pretty iffy if it was going to happen.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Spike

Somewhat pricey, and to be honest, I don't think I like it.  I don't hate it, I just don't like it. 

I can not feel where my dislike comes from, so I will let others here beat back and forth, and try to figure out what corner I want to play in.

Flying Pig

I dont have an issue with the course. I think SF is a very popular career field.  Many cadets have an interest in Law Enforcement.  However, I did note the price.  $400.  Holy COW!!!  Why so much?  Our encampment out here in CA is only $150.

lordmonar

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 21, 2009, 11:40:08 PM
I dont have an issue with the course. I think SF is a very popular career field.  Many cadets have an interest in Law Enforcement.  However, I did note the price.  $400.  Holy COW!!!  Why so much?  Our encampment out here in CA is only $150.

Economy of scale....with 200 cadets you can keep the price cheaper...with 20 it is a lot harder.

Spike

I think I can do this at my Squadron.  I have had FBI/ CIA and Homeland Security guest speakers.  I also have a ready pool of SF members to pull from.  I will have each group talk and answer questions, we will go to the indoor range and fire some rounds off.....then I will take the cadets rappelling. 

Spike

Quote from: lordmonar on August 21, 2009, 11:47:23 PM
Economy of scale....with 200 cadets you can keep the price cheaper...with 20 it is a lot harder.

Hey now....those are the kind of terms we are trying to forget since college.  If we continue to use them, people may actually make smart economic decisions.  >:D

Flying Pig

Ahh...yeah.  You had to interject math into this knowing it was my weakness.  That was uncalled for.

lordmonar

They have been kicking this sort of idea around for a while.

HQ has been looking for some NCSA's that they can run during the "off season".  They almost had this one last December but it fell through at the last moment.

Even now it is only a test program.  If it goes well it may become a standard NCSA.

lordmonar

Quote from: Flying Pig on August 21, 2009, 11:50:15 PM

It's okay...I was not wearing my shoes at the time.  :D

Ahh...yeah.  You had to interject math into this knowing it was my weakness.  That was uncalled for.

Polecat

I saw this 2 days ago and insantly thought "I know what I am asking for for Christmas!".  I really want to do this plus the guy running it is a good man. Only problem is getting transportation around the holidays. Hhhmmmm. It's a 6 hour drive...  Is this actually an NCSA or just a wing program?

DC

Quote from: Polecat on August 21, 2009, 11:52:29 PM
I saw this 2 days ago and insantly thought "I know what I am asking for for Christmas!".  I really want to do this plus the guy running it is a good man. Only problem is getting transportation around the holidays. Hhhmmmm. It's a 6 hour drive...  Is this actually an NCSA or just a wing program?
No, its just a NVWG activity right now.

lordmonar

Quote from: DC on August 22, 2009, 12:03:53 AM
No, its just a NVWG activity right now.
Actually it is a national program....but they still have not decided if it will have NSCA credit.
One of the reasons why they are asking for cadets with NSCA credit to begin with.

I will talk with the Project Officer and see if this has changed.

coolkites

Sorry but what is NCSA?

I would love to go but coming up with $400 is out of the question right now and I doubt I could get that kind of a scholorship