CAPP 216 test out of synch with program (July 2018)

Started by Eclipse, August 01, 2018, 02:30:08 AM

Eclipse

Probably not news to a lot of you, but after I was done agreeing to be an Aircrew Professional this
afternoon, I was noodling around the LMS and noticed tests I had already completed ages ago missing
the , one of which was the CAPP 216 Tech test.

"I got this, should be quick..."

Unfortunately I found it is woefully out of date, with references to the FCU, shuttle run, the "transition to online testing"
and the "new" leadership texts.  There were a few other things outdated as well.

The FCU was discontinued around May 2015, the shuttle run in Nov 2015, and the Learn to Lead books are dated 2010,
so none of this is "new"

Pamphlets and regs should not be trickled out in pieces. The entire curriculum needs to be vetted and balanced against
new expectations and requirements.  If it's important enough to change, it's important enough to take the time
to make sure all the columns balance.  NHQ issues ICLs about hats and email signatures, but leaves this sort of thing languishing
for years.

This is a retention issue as otherwise knowledgeable staff officers get frustrated when their current information conflicts with the test.

So warned, go forth....

"That Others May Zoom"