The new yellow tracker/elper

Started by WoodlandSARman, July 25, 2007, 05:12:18 PM

SARPilotNY

Cadet Program Guy...
If you use the L-Per in the DF mode, the L-per WILL tell you if it is Fore or Aft  AND left or right...everytime....
CAP member 30 + years SAR Pilot, GTM, Base staff

I haven't seen the new trackers yet.  We prefer our old LPer Unit.  What we also use for short range once we're sure we're in the imideate area is a police/fire scanner that can also pick up the Air band.  And ofcourse the old stand by Jetstream radios. 

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

WoodlandSARman

Used the profind at the SAR Eval this weekend and it took me to the ELT after I figured out how to work it good. It is a little tricky figuring out it you are pointed towards or away from the signal (might just need more work with it). I forgot to try body blocking it. Once you get in close it works great going off the signal strength.
SM Chamberlin
Former C/CMSGT. "lifer"
IN Wing Central Group ES Officer GLR-IN-224
Former GLR-IN-123
Former SWR-OK-002 - Black Knight Command Staff.
Former GLR-IN-069
NGSAR Basic 2000 - Honor Team
NESA GSAR Advanced/Team Leader - 2001 NESA GSAR Basic -  2007

SJESOFFICER

I personally love the new lper, works great on hangers (especially t-hangers) and really active airports like San Francisco when you may not have to much room to work in the vincinity.  Oh and that digital signal strength readout is like winning the lottery hit the money everytime. If you learn how to read the digital strength numbers you can interpet the distance. Its almost like TomTom, it will take you right there. I'd buy another one no questions asked... If you havent tried the new cheese bar l-per boy your missing out...
1 LT Brendan Gadd
San Jose Sqd 80, CAWG
Emergency Services Officer

TankerT

As I responded to SJESOFFICER's post in another thread, the new cheese bar Little L-Per is useless if you're somewhere cold.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

SJESOFFICER

lol have to rub it like a genie then your three wishes would be 1. please work, 2. give me a map to the elt, and 3. get home before 12am..
*Written on Mobile PDA Sorry for All and Any Mistakes of Spelling/Punctuation etc.*
1 LT Brendan Gadd
San Jose Sqd 80, CAWG

TankerT

Quote from: SJESOFFICER on September 19, 2007, 09:06:37 PM
lol have to rub it like a genie then your three wishes would be 1. please work, 2. give me a map to the elt, and 3. get home before 12am..

You have missions that start before 12am?   :P

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

SJESOFFICER

once in a while lol but that could be your fourth wish...only btwn these hours lol... Had a night that I was signing off people on veh inspections and after the meeting we were alerted of a elt in the area so its roughly 9:30pm so I asked who wants to go along got 5 people together... long story short went to two airports found it at the second one in no time at all but it was a t-hanger and the fbo had to go to the office to get the info..poor guy is wheelchaired bound gets to his office and we are waiting by the hanger. He's taking forever and here he comes around the corner in his wheel chair down the ramp...locked his keys in his office so he couldn't get in, couldn't drive his car, so he wheeled himself all the way back to the hanger and was like oops.... so we found it in record time only to have to wait for his assistant to come and get him into the office and procede to find the owners info and get him out there to meet us... long night

*Written on Mobile PDA Sorry for All and Any Mistakes of Spelling/Punctuation etc.*
1 LT Brendan Gadd
San Jose Sqd 80, CAWG