Basic Ground Team School - Feedback Requested

Started by winterg, March 01, 2015, 04:04:56 AM

SarDragon

I like slides with bullet points, without the bullets. To go along with the slides, I have a lesson guide, or at least a set of notes to refer to. Sometimes I'll run the points on one at a time, sometimes I'll show them all at once, and just talk about them in succession. I depends on the material, and how much time I want/have to spend making the slides.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: SarDragon on September 04, 2015, 08:16:00 AM
I like slides with bullet points, without the bullets. To go along with the slides, I have a lesson guide, or at least a set of notes to refer to. Sometimes I'll run the points on one at a time, sometimes I'll show them all at once, and just talk about them in succession. I depends on the material, and how much time I want/have to spend making the slides.

I agree on the bullet points without the bullets.

If you've taken any of the online FEMA courses, I like how their "slides" (it's actually a navigation web page, but close enough for comparison) are set up visually. Quick, to the point, and simple to understand without cluttering everything. And they print very nicely (when they actually fit).

SarDragon

Another thing I learned as a Navy instructor is - Tel them what your are going to teach them, teach them the material, and tell them what you just taught them. Intro, Lesson, Summary.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret