Main Menu

24 Hr. Kit?

Started by will3947, February 13, 2013, 02:50:28 PM

will3947

What the BOB SAGGET is it?

Eclipse

The required equipment for a member of a CAP Ground team.

More detail here: http://bit.ly/XKMLAu

"That Others May Zoom"

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

DJN245

A 24 hour kit is the pack, and equipment inside of it, that you, as a CAP ground team member, need to operate in the field for up to 24 hours. It should include all the food, water, medication, and proper clothing that you need to make it through a 24 hour period in the field. It should also include the equipment that you need on a mission such as safety gear, writing equipment, flagging tape, etc. You should also pack such things as rain gear (poncho or gore-tex), a tarp, paracord, and a compass.

It should be in a small pack, about the size of a normal backpack and fairly light, for the purposes of mobility on a mission. This is obviously not a complete list, its just to give you an idea as to its purpose, although I was always under the impression that the name seemed to do the job fairly well, but I guess not...

Here is a link to a basic list that you can use to pack your own - sq72.cawg.cap.gov/other/ES_24hr_pack_list.doc

Sapper168

Funny thing, my 24 hour kit doesn't actually include a 'pack' at all......  and its all on my person easily accessible.  I use the arktis brand m173 NL rig with an attached camelback. ;D ;D
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

DJN245

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on February 14, 2013, 06:55:03 AM
Funny thing, my 24 hour kit doesn't actually include a 'pack' at all......  and its all on my person easily accessible.  I use the arktis brand m173 NL rig with an attached camelback. ;D ;D
thefreedictionary.com defines pack as:
pack   (pk)
noun
a. A collection of items tied up or wrapped; a bundle.
b. A container made to be carried on the body of a person or animal.

That sounds pretty much like any backpack or Tac vest that I've ever heard of....

Storm Chaser

I just tested my new hi-viz orange True North AeroVest this past weekend at AL WESS and it worked pretty well. All my main gear was conveniently packed and readily accessible. I'm planning on writing a review sometime in the future if I can make the time.