USAF RPP opens to Enlisted.

Started by Spam, November 19, 2020, 09:57:45 AM

etodd

Sorry guys, but if your negativity has you trying to "catch me" at something, you're out of luck.

I've said it often here before and I guess I'll repeat it. When it comes to training people and helping people to progress on the ES Aircrew side, I guess I just lucked up in joining the best CAP squadron there is. To listen to most everyone else, here , or on FB, or other places, all I ever hear is talk of how hard it is, or impossible it is, or talk of not being able to break into the "good old boy club". It just makes me sad to hear that so often.

So yes, I take every chance I get to let people know its not that way everywhere. If you have a few squadrons within driving range ... shop around until you find the one with the best group of people who like to train others.

Its a good thing, if you can find it.  :)
"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

Spam

Quote from: etodd on November 21, 2020, 03:43:06 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on November 21, 2020, 03:27:26 AM
Quote from: etodd on November 21, 2020, 02:39:04 AMI mean I've never flown any type of "Air Force-assigned Reimbursable Training and Evaluation Mission"

What do you think a SAREx is?

As I said ... I did not use a SAREX mission for the type of training I discussed above. Go back and read it.  :)

eTodd, this is called "deflecting".

He's not questioning the maintenance missions you mentioned.

The issue at hand is that you have a huge string of letters in you sig, claiming to have all these quals, and you now appear to be clearly stating that you've never actually been on a numbered training mission, as required by CAP regulations, in order to earn them.

That is a serious issue, if true, from a Stan/Eval standpoint. Please don't deflect or use some logical fallacy in responding; just lay it out for us. Did you get the minimum two numbered missions, per each of your publicly listed ES quals, or not? This is a yes, or no, answer - what say you

This is not negativity, this is called "compliance" and "accountability", and it is an element of professional airmanship, as laid out by the Air Force to try to break the cycle of horrible airmanship safety. When you say "it is not that way everywhere" - when it comes to airmanship and flight/operational standardization - yes, it is, whether in Idaho, Illinois, or Georgia. If you are not, or are cutting corners on standards, then there is a problem. I speak as an officer who regrettably had the duty to ground one of my pilots two weeks ago, when we really need all the pilots we can get - who can play by the rules.

V/r
Spam

etodd

YES ... Lordy ..... I have over 300 hours in CAP planes alone, flying everything from SAREX, AP, O-Rides, MX, ELT searches, Predator Chase, more, etc., etc.  :)

Maybe I could have written the first post better, but I did clarify it a post or two later. Start at the beginning and read mine in order. LOL

Yes ... I've only been in CAP for 5 years and have 300 of my total of 1200 hours in CAP planes.

(200 of that is C missions. That is how much this training costs me.)

Fully qualified MP, and more. 

Spam

etodd

Quote from: Spam on November 21, 2020, 04:12:50 AM... deflecting.

V/r
Spam

The first word of my post above was YES ... in answer to you wanting a yes or no answer.  Geez.

Some of you folks just itch to see something. Move along. Nothing to see here, but this guy trying to get others interested in training.

Some folks just can't stand self-starters who get things done "within regs and the system" but without waiting for an official program, that they can "oversee".

Spam

The general tone of almost every one of your posts revolves around cutting corners, short circuiting procedures, and "getting things done" in spite of established process. Then, you get defensive and fly the deny/deflect flag when you make a clear statement that you've never been to a training mission despite advanced quals.

This isn't an "Eclipse vs. etodd" or "Spam vs. etodd" conflict. This is you against the system.

And the relevance to the original post is not incidental; the Air Force watches us to ensure that we train, fly, and operate to standards, and when we have people who give the appearance of skirting those standards, leaders step in. Sadly, there's a long history of death and waste where that doesn't happen, because people don't like being challenged up.

So, if you don't like briefing room rules, get out of the briefing room.

V/r
Spam

PHall

etodd, you're the one who posted about all of this. You want people to stop looking and asking questions, stop posting about it.

etodd

You're trying to read things between the lines that are not there.

Look at my last post above where I said "done within regs and the system".

All the Is are dotted and t's are crossed.  Its all fine. Relax. :)

etodd

Quote from: PHall on November 21, 2020, 04:39:28 AMetodd, you're the one who posted about all of this. You want people to stop looking and asking questions, stop posting about it.

Ask away. I get plenty of PMs.  I'm happy to answer any questions here as well. I've answered all of the above. Did I miss one?

(Memories of when I first started the sUAS posts and everyone went ballistic thinking I was a rogue player, until they finally figured out I was doing everything by the book per Hdqs. Whew!)

Blanding

Quote from: Spam link=msg=436303That is a serious issue, if true, from a Stan/Eval standpoint. Please don't deflect or use some logical fallacy in responding; just lay it out for us. Did you get the minimum two numbered missions, per each of your publicly listed ES quals, or not? This is a yes, or no, answer - what say you.

Spam,
Why do you feel you have the right to question this member, and why do you feel he owes you an answer?

His responses to you have been impressively cordial considering the treatment he's received.

As if etodd simply stating he's a mission pilot entitles you to treat him like he's circumvented the requirements for qualification. "...per each of your publicly listed ES quals..." good lord.

CAP9907

Wow. Not sure how we got here, but this is closed until I can evaluate and do some cleaning.

~9907
21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0

CAP9907

Nevermind, we're done here. End///

21 yrs of service

Our Members Code of Conduct can be found here:   http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=13.0