official "I'm here!" thread.

Started by whatevah, March 24, 2005, 04:52:08 AM

Major Carrales

Quote from: CPT Anderson on January 22, 2009, 03:31:33 AM
Hi, I'm CAPT Chelle Anderson, currently in TX WG, attached to Shoemaker Composite Squadron.  I am the Deputy Squadron Commander and DCC, have been  in CAP since I was 12, I am 27 now, made it to Eaker, failed my Spaatz by a point on the Aerospace, passed everything else....grew up at Delta CS in Houston, TX and was in several other wings.  Just came from VA wing on Group II staff as the Cadet Programs Director.  Am now working with NHQ on the Operational Excellence Program.......

Greetings form South Texas!!!
Welcome, always good to meet another Texan!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

CPT Anderson

Thanks for the warm welcome, sir.  I'm only here in TX by force, I don't claim TX though.... ha ha ha.  As a cadet I did though.   ;)  Fort Hood bites, but I love the Army and I love the Cavalry......maybe I'll make it down to Corpus some day...miss the ocean, just came from VA Beach, VA. 
Capt Chelle L. Anderson, CAP
(CPT, US Army, RET)

IceNine

VA beach = Icenine's favorite place on the planet

Welcome!
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

CPT Anderson

Now I'm gonna cry, I miss VA Beach sooooooo much!!!  Go Army!!!   ::)  Oh well, 34329234 more years for my husband to go until he retires......then back to VA Beach for us.
(CPT, US Army, RET)

Specky

Been lurking around for a while and thought it was time to finally post an intro.  Currently I'm the ES Officer for Andrews Composite Squadron, NATCAP Wing where most of my energy is focused on ground and UDF team training and operations.  Started my CAP "career" many years ago as a cadet, also with NATCAP but on the other side of the Potomac in the Mt Vernon Squadron.  Took a break from CAP for a number of years and rejoined in 2003.   

This is a great site and at some point when I have something worthwhile to say I'll chime in.
Capt Joe Gleason
ES Officer, Andrews Composite Squadron
NATCAP Wing

CPT Anderson

Hey Joe,

Hope all is well over there at NATCAP, miss ya'll.  Welcome out of the dark!   :clap:
(CPT, US Army, RET)

Stonewall

Quote from: Specky on January 23, 2009, 06:52:20 PM
Been lurking around for a while and thought it was time to finally post an intro.  Currently I'm the ES Officer for Andrews Composite Squadron, NATCAP Wing where most of my energy is focused on ground and UDF team training and operations.  Started my CAP "career" many years ago as a cadet, also with NATCAP but on the other side of the Potomac in the Mt Vernon Squadron.  Took a break from CAP for a number of years and rejoined in 2003.   

This is a great site and at some point when I have something worthwhile to say I'll chime in.

Joe!  My brother!  Long time no see.

Remember this photo?  That's Joe on the left, me on the right and "sarmed1" from the forums in the middle.

Joe's the epitome of high speed former cadets that turned into something cool in the civilian sector.  Glad to see you on board brother.  I'll let you know the next time I'm in DC.

Cheers.
Kirt
Serving since 1987.

Specky

Hey there Kirt.  Good to hear from you, man.  Hope FL is treating you well.  Definitely remember that picture -- it's hanging up by the ES desk at our Squadron bldg.  Glad to be on the board and hopefully we can link-up next time you're in DC. 

Joe
Capt Joe Gleason
ES Officer, Andrews Composite Squadron
NATCAP Wing

BGNightfall

Well, I may as well introduce myself, since I've been lurking around the forums for a couple of days.  I'm a former MDWG cadet, now on active duty in the Navy and rejoining as a SM.  See you all around the boards!   :D

drcomm

David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI

VPI18

Hello, my name is C/Amn Willie Pan, CAP, of Academy Cadet Squadron (NER-NY-147). I have been a lurker here quite a while, and I thought I might as well introduce myself before people started wondering who I was and if I was scouting the forum for a mass spamming. I learned about CAP when I was 12 and wanted to join and learn to fly, but had other commitments, so I gave up the idea. About a year and a half after that, or about a year ago from now, I decided that I wanted to join the Coast Guard. A certain Coastie PO1, soon to be Chief, and former Mitchell cadet on this forum has probably heard about this. When I learned that CAP could help me enter as an E-2/E-3, I reconsidered joining, but I still had other obligations which would interfere with my attending of meetings. I finally joined CAP last September, and officially became a cadet last November. Surprisingly, my favorite part of CAP is not the fact that I might learn to fly one day, nor is it that I might make E-3 as soon as I enlist in the Coast Guard Reserve (If I earn my Mitchell), but Emergency Services. I went to my first SAREX two weeks ago, and when it was finished, I realized that it was what I always wanted to do. Fast forward to last Friday, when I took and aced my Curry. Now I'm waiting to be "frocked" at the next meeting, even though eServices says that I made C/Amn.

MIKE

Quote from: wilhelm147 on February 02, 2009, 12:28:48 AM
I have been a lurker here quite a while, and I thought I might as well introduce myself before people started wondering who I was and if I was scouting the forum for a mass spamming.

:D
Mike Johnston

RogueLeader

Quote from: wilhelm147 on February 02, 2009, 12:28:48 AM
I have been a lurker here quite a while, and I thought I might as well introduce myself before people started wondering who I was and if I was scouting the forum for a mass spamming.

I've decided on the visible approach.  I make myself visable whilst I find all the info I need then make one Huge Spam list. >:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

JK
:angel: :angel:
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Daniel

Hi my names Daniel.
I finally joined the local CAP
I went to the very first meeting of this chapter
but i couldn't join becuase I had leg surgery

As you know im a Airmen Basic Cadet

I have to get my head shaved to meet grooming standards
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

MIKE

Merged with the official forum thread.  Welcome, C/AB Daniel L.
Mike Johnston

Daniel

sorry mike,

say, where can i ask a uniform question?
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

C/Ortins

Hey everyone, just joined a few days ago but I'v been browsing through to forum for awhile. Im a C/2nd Lt at the Beverly Composite Squadron in MA. I'v been in CAP for 2.5 years.
C/Captain Ortins
Cadet Commander
Beverly Composite Squardon NER-MA-019

PJOC 2009, APJOC 2010

RickFranz

C/2Lt Ortins welcome to CAPTalk.

From a former Cadet.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

jpizzo127

Good Morning:

I just discovered this message board and I think this will be an excellent resource for myself and my squad.

Thank you for maintaining it.

I look forward to benefitting my squadron from the wealth of knowlege here.

About me:

I joined CAP in 2004 and have been the commander of the Long Island Senior Squadron since January 2007.

I am a qualified GTL, MSA, FLS, and working on Mission Observer.

Regards
JOSEPH PIZZO, Captain, CAP

Al Sayre

Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787