Region Cadet Leadership School (Opportunities, 2022)

Started by TheSkyHornet, January 04, 2022, 07:57:30 PM

TheSkyHornet

Anyone know of any RCLS happenings in 2022?

We have a few cadets who will not be able to make it to Cadet Officer School this Spring but will be testing for Spaatz this year (or are at least planning to), but won't make the waiver deadline either for the end of May for COS/RCLS credit (unless re-extended).

Jester

KYWG has one in the works for June.  They just got rolled back to Phase 1 so who knows if it will actually happen.

NC Hokie

Mid-Atlantic Region is running an online RCLS in January and February. The application deadline was 1 January, but it wouldn't hurt to reach out to the Cadet Programs staff to see if they can fit your cadets in. I won't share their contact info here, but you can find it under the About menu at https://mar.cap.gov/.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

TheSkyHornet

Thanks for the heads up.

It looks like they closed up applications on 05 JAN, to start the course on 08 JAN.

Wish we had a better repository for these sorts of things. I understand that they're Region-focused. But with RCLS being an accredited program for national-level requirements (Eaker), it's tough to find these things if you're Region isn't hosting them.

Capmonkey

SWR was talking about holding a virtual RCLS at one point, but I'm not sure on the status.

jeders

Quote from: Capmonkey on January 07, 2022, 06:40:51 PMSWR was talking about holding a virtual RCLS at one point, but I'm not sure on the status.

They are planning on hosting one this year, details to follow. If I had to guess, I would say it'll probably be virtual and held in the summer like the one last year.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

TheSkyHornet

A big issue is that a lot of cadets can't afford to attend out-of-state activities this year, or even next. I know that we have programs to support that; yes. But that doesn't mean that they applied for financial support or that they're even aware.

I'd like to see more online options for 2022 for activities to help offset the economic impact that a lot of families have had over the past two years.

I just don't even know what the allowances are to even conduct some of these activities virtually versus in-person. I know in-person is the preferred route for quality, but I just don't know that it's convenient for a lot of people right now. I'm seeing a few events cancelled that were supposed to be in-person and not even being rolled to virtual options, which really impacts those who wanted to/needed to attend (whether for cadet or senior credit/experience).

We're off to a tough start for 2022...