Civil Air Patrol ICS classes

Started by floridacyclist, September 10, 2007, 02:55:17 AM

floridacyclist

We just had our first ICS300 class this weekend and the Group Commander and Wing Chief of Staff for Operations asked me to find out if CAP had ever sponsored a 300 class before. I know this is a first for FL wing, but I can't find anyone else. Who else has done this in CAP and how did it go?
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

Al Sayre

In MS, MSU has a contract to teach it for the EMA, EMS & LEA's we've been piggybacking with them, it's a good way to make contacts with the folks you'll be working with from those agencies.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

IceNine

We've done all the applicable level's 100-700

Again, along with EMA
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

DrDave

Missouri Wing's Group II will be hosting an ICS 300 course the last weekend of this month in St. Louis.  

I'll post an update after it's over.

Has any one hosted an ICS 400 course?

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

floridacyclist

We had more than CAP, we had fire dept, ARES, DART, EMS, and of course CAP. We thought about using the counties' 300 courses, but those are all on weekdays and our people are at work then.

As far as the 100-700, 300 is not part of that series.

We are planning a 3-part (100/200/700, ICS300, and ICS400) class for the Spring.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

RiverAux

Everybody is ramping up ICS300/400 this year and I've seen tons of courses being offerred by other agencies, including many on the weekends.  All the volunteer fire department folks have to get in the game and they're not big fans of weekday training either.  Don't see a big need for CAP to host them here because of that but if you've got enough folks and a willing instuctor its a great idea. 

floridacyclist

You can see at http://www.floridadisaster.org/trainingcalendar that we don't have any such thing as weekend courses.

As far as willing volunteers, I wanted the experience so we had me,  plus we had a county emergency management training officer. Also, the owner of Emergency Response Education Consultants ( www.erecinc.com ) volunteered to come out and co-teach 300 with me so I could get the experience under the tutelage of an experienced (20+ years) instructor.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org