Glider NCSA after solo

Started by xray328, October 14, 2016, 12:22:17 AM

xray328

Hey guys. So my 13 yo daughter has been taking glider lessons at our local club and is on flight 17 in an ASK-21.  Her birthday is in November so depending on weather she might get her solo done this year. I was hoping she could attend one of the glider academies next year to work on advanced maneuvers, but I'm being told that the focus of the academies is to get them to solo so there wouldn't be much benefit to her attending. I also don't want her to take a spot from a cadet that needs that training. Does anyone know if any particular regional academy might specialize in more advanced training?  Thanks in advance.

jeders

All of the flight academies, both powered and glider, are focused on getting cadets from zero to solo within the time period of the activity. For glider, I believe that they actually require two academies before they allow you to solo.

So as you can see, these academies aren't really geared to your daughter who, by the sound of it, is well ahead of her peers in this respect. Congratulations!
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse