Lost Cadet Books

Started by Senior, March 13, 2009, 02:33:53 AM

Senior

A cadet joined CAP, a month later moved from the address his ID was sent.
He never received his initial membership material.  Probably because he
moved within a month on joining.  :-\

Does anyone know a way to get another set of initial membership books,
material etc.?

Strick

[darn]atio memoriae

DC

SarDragon

I'm wondering why someone, whose stuff got lost in the mail, should pay a second time for their study materials.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

stratoflyer

I'd say contact national and badger/beg.

Good luck with that. Please let us know how it went.

In the meantime, print out the Ch. 1 materials for that cadet. It's about 20 pages.
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

LtCol057

If the cadet had turned in a change of address with the Postal Service, there's a good chance it would have been forwarded.  If they moved out of the local area, they would have to pay the forwarding postage.   But I'm not sure if the books come thru the postal service or UPS or FEDEX.  I know a lot of the stuff I order from Vanguard comes by FEDEX.

mmouw

I recently had a cadet transfer from another wing that had the same problem. He never received his material. When I called National, they told me he would have to buy the books from Vanguard. I was surprised by this response. You can't punish the cadet because mom and dad moved. If a cadet doesn't have them, and the squadron  commander will verify this, what is the problem with at least suppling them with the Leadership and AE books. Otherwise it comes out of the pocket of the cadet, or of course the...commander.
Mike Mouw
Commander, Iowa Wing

DC

At the very least, Leadership for the 21st Century can be downloaded online (here), which will allow the cadet to complete their first achievement.

I imagine most of the $44.00 that Vanguard charges goes into the binder, since they want $33.00 for that by itself... But, if the cadet can handle not having that, and using a regular three ring binder, they could buy Aerospace Dimensions for $14.95, and print off L2K. It would be about half the cost of buying the whole thing from Vanguard, factoring in shipping and the cost of the binder...

Pylon

Though it may not help you now, we ask all cadets who have dropped out of the program to donate back their binder and other materials.  So we've ended up over time with a handful of binders on hand.  Generally we use them for loaners while new cadets wait for their own in the mail, but this would be another good reason to try and collect these from lapsed cadets.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Cecil DP

Quote from: Senior on March 13, 2009, 02:33:53 AM
A cadet joined CAP, a month later moved from the address his ID was sent.
He never received his initial membership material.  Probably because he
moved within a month on joining.  :-\

Does anyone know a way to get another set of initial membership books,
material etc.?

I would expect that if he had moved the package would have been sent back to the shipper. Check with Vanguard or National to see if they have it in their returns. If it was sent via UPS or FedEx, the local office may have some information. If not ask vanguard for the shipping number and you can look it up on the web.
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85