Leadership Schools

Started by rebowman, October 24, 2008, 03:46:36 PM

rebowman

I know that there are several wings out there that have leadership schools for cadet Airmen, NCOs, & Officers.

I would like to develop this in my Wing but need assistance with curriculum & a schedule.  Can anyone provide templates that you are using in your wings?

Thanks.

DC

CAWG has a very well developed PME system for their cadets, you might try contacting their Cadet Programs section directly.

I'm sure there are other wings with similar programs but I don't know of any others specifically, I know FL is trying to ressurect theirs, you might try with them too.

SarDragon

Actually, it's called ILP, and you can read more here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

captrncap

Is the material reference on the site available to CAP members or just CAWG members who participate?

It would great to share these so members won't have to recreate the wheel all the time.

DC

Quote from: captrncap on October 25, 2008, 02:19:41 PM
Is the material reference on the site available to CAP members or just CAWG members who participate?

It would great to share these so members won't have to recreate the wheel all the time.
Again, you might try contacting the DCP in CA, or see if you can get to them through your CoC and ask them directly. I cannot see why they would not share...

npfd505

California Wing has one of the most advanced programs for cadet leadership development.  As posts before me have mentioned, it is called the "Intergrated Leadership Program" or ILP.  The program is a bunch of schools.  Basic Cadet School (BCS), Airman Leadership School (ALS), Noncommissioned Officer's School (NCOS), Senior NCO Academy (SNCOA), Cadet Officer's Basic Course (COBC) and Advanced Cadet Staff Seminar (ACSS).  If you go to the CAWG Cadet Programs webpage (www.cawgcadets.org) you can download manuals on most of the schools.  They have everything you need to run a school (including individual class outlines and handouts in some cases). CAWG people are very helpful in providing information to people.  I began my "career" as a cadet in CAWG, but moved to NYWG as an adult.  I utilized the CAWG ILP Program Manuals when I helped institute BCS, ATS and NCOS's to NYWG.  It was a HUGE success. 
Paul Saba, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Inland Empire Group 3

stratoflyer

What would be the main focus of Airman Training School?
"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

DC

Quote from: stratoflyer on February 11, 2009, 07:33:36 AM
What would be the main focus of Airman Training School?
This is CAWG's ATS website.

CAWG ATS

Someone who is actually in CAWG can probably give you more info....

Eclipse

The key to this is a consistent curriculum, required to be adhered to by the entire wing and vetted against the program itself by outside parties.  It can't be the view of one or two people without outside audit.

CAWG is a good example of the right way to do it.

Absent wing-wide consistency and adherence, these programs can sometimes cause more problems then they solve, because they may teach things in ways that other units disagree with, which ultimately causes confusion and conflicts at activities like encampments, etc.

I'm all for anything that gets a whole wing marching to the same drummer.

"That Others May Zoom"

RickFranz

Texas Wing also has a good program.  You might want to check them out.  Sorry I don't have a link for you.
Rick Franz, Col, CAP
KSWG CC
Gill Rob Wilson #2703
IC1

Flying Pig

What Wing are you in?  When I was a cadet in CAWG (im now Senior) we had cadets from other wings.  But I believe many of the courses are prereq's to attend the next higher course.  But not sure.  Of course that was about 180 months ago though. ;D