Project Officers Training Course (POTC)

Started by mrzschoche, September 19, 2008, 02:35:20 AM

mrzschoche

Project Officers Training Course (POTC)

The POTC made its debut on 12 Sept 08 at the CAWG Conference in Fresno, CA.  The course is available on CD to CAP members interested in conducting this training in their own Wing.  Please send your name, rank, Wing affiliation/duty assignment and mailing address to Capt Martin Zschoche at mrzschoche@yahoo.com.

The course is designed for 7 contact hours on one day.  The PowerPoint presentation consists of 168 animated slides, which includes the Project Officers Game at the end of the day. Participants break up into small groups of individuals who have never worked together before, are given an event (at random) to plan, along with two years of simulated Wing calendars, Cost and Staff Cards, and required to use the principals taught during the day to plan their event.  Oh yes, and just in case things seemed too easy, after they have completely planned their event, they are given an "Oops Card" stating that something significant has gone wrong at the last minute and they need to develop a "work-around."

•   Survive and Thrive as a Project Officer
•   Catch the Long Range Vision for Your Event!
•   Putting Together the Calendar, Facilities, and Commander
•   Plan for the UNPLANNABLE!
•   All the Training You Will Need to Get Started
•   Play the "Project Officers Game" with Real-Life Scenarios
•   Open to Cadet and Senior Project Officers (Trainees)

swamprat86

He has sent me a copy of this program and let me tell you this is a great presentation.  The PPT is very professional and is more enjoyable to go through than some other CAP PPTs I have seen.  I love the game format to use what they have learned.  I can't wait to run this course in my Wing.

Great job!

MIKE

Mike Johnston