Memory Work

Started by RickFranz, June 02, 2008, 04:04:54 AM

Dad2-4

I have a long run-on sentence about profanity that i wrote and had made into a poster on my classroom wall. When a student cusses, he/she has to stand, read the sign aloud, and apologize to the class. Since I teach history I may use this instead. The kids start catching themselves in mid "what the he......." because they don't want to read "the sign".

stratoflyer

Memorizing things are important--in math, there are a bunch of steps and formulas needed to be memorized. In aircraft, emergency procedures must be memorized. So developing a technique to memorize things is good training. Do I think this particular work has a place among cadets--perhaps not  as a strict manner. But uniform wear instructions surely must be memorized.

I always say that an attention to detail on a uniform translates to an attention to detail in other aspects--you get used to looking at the small things. Great for preflight inspection.

"To infinity, and beyond!"

Eduardo Rodriguez, 2LT, CAP

PHall

Learning how to memorise stuff for CAP came in real handy when I started flying for the Air Force.

MIKE

Memorizing stuff that has a legitimate and practical application to the CP is good... Making a cadet memorize boldface for the F-16C, not so much.
Mike Johnston

PHall

Quote from: MIKE on July 19, 2008, 03:00:15 AM
Memorizing stuff that has a legitimate and practical application to the CP is good... Making a cadet memorize boldface for the F-16C, not so much.

BOLD FACE for an F-16C? That's easy!  Ejection Handle - PULL >:D