Why not a Virtual CAP Uniform Board? The AF has one...

Started by RiverAux, May 17, 2008, 01:33:55 PM

RiverAux

According to this news story http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123097326 the Air Force received over 800 suggestions for uniform changes directly from members of all ranks using an internet-based system.  The suggestions were then reviewed by a working group and then will be voted on by the actual uniform board who are spread across the country and then those that are selected will move forward for final approval. 

Personally, I would be in favor of setting up a system like this to cover all CAP Regulation changes anot not use it just for uniforms. 

This seems like a very smart way to do things as it removes all the layers where ideas can get lost, forgotten, denied for personal reasons, etc. that keep reasonable suggestions from the field from getting proper consideration. 

smj58501

I thought CAPTalk was the Virtual CAP Uniform Board  >:D

Seriously, not a bad call, especially expanding it to other regulatory areas and programs. Sometimes the best ideas never come forward because the process appears too daunting.
Sean M. Johnson
Lt Col, CAP
Chief of Staff
ND Wing CAP

sarflyer

A virtual suggestion box would be a good idea! :clap:
Lt. Col. Paul F. Rowen, CAP
MAWG Director of Information Technology
NESA Webmaster
paul.rowen@mawg.cap.gov

FW

CAPTALK is the best source for uniform suggestions in CAP.

All regulations are open to a 60 day comment period by the entire membership, before publishing, on the CAP web site.  Exceptions are: emergency regs by CAP/CC and, regs made by BoG.

CAPTALK is a great place to put suggestions. I'm pretty sure many NB/NEC members read it; at least some times.  ;)

RiverAux

Yes, but all comments are supposed to go through your chain of command according to what they post on the draft reg site, though there had been some indication a while back that they might move away from that. 

DNall

been suggested & discussed. See also the 30-odd page uniform cmte thread, assuming you have a spare month

O-Rex

Before they even think about doing that, we need an up-to-date, comprehensive 39-1. . .

Pylon

Quote from: O-Rex on May 21, 2008, 12:29:05 PM
Before they even think about doing that, we need an up-to-date, comprehensive 39-1. . .

Already in the works...
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

DNall

which is where we talked about revising the way uniform changes are adopted in conjunction w/ getting a new manual. Website shows proposed items, justification statement, and CAP-USAF comments. Wear test results in openly viewable reviews. Comment period. Change is considered by cmte. Changes limited to a cycle (2-4 years) unless prompted by CAP-USAF or safety concurred by CAP-USAF (in other words, HMRS blig is not a valid safety concern to prompt off cycle changes).

jimmydeanno

I do believe that a heart attack and high blood pressure of many of our volunteers would qualify as a safety issue.  Those who are against it typically have high-blood pressure when discussing it and those who want to wear it would have a heart attack if they weren't allowed.  So maybe we should take a vote on buying each squadron an AED.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

DC

Quote from: jimmydeanno on May 21, 2008, 03:05:31 PM
I do believe that a heart attack and high blood pressure of many of our volunteers would qualify as a safety issue.  Those who are against it typically have high-blood pressure when discussing it and those who want to wear it would have a heart attack if they weren't allowed.  So maybe we should take a vote on buying each squadron an AED.
;D :clap: